Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

QW 787 VS/FPA Issue

So I see the QW MCP VS FPA press command is setup in my LINDA via 0.8 module. This switches the VS/FPA window back and forth from VS to FPA. It does not activate the VS/FPA button that is down on the lower right of the Down/Up dial on the MCP. This is what is needed to activate the mode.Has anyone figured out how to do this? I see no command in the module to actually activate that button?

Eric 

@guenseli can you please assist? Don't think anyone but you would have the know how in how to solve this....

Eric 

Hello Eric,

unfortunately I do not own the QW 787

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ScotFlieger I just saw that you did the work on the module. Is there anything that can be done with this issue?

Eric 

I have seen your report but I am not a user of the QW787 so I will time to get up to speed to investigate. I can give you no forecast. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I have looked at the QW787 VS-FPA button. My knowledge of the aircraft is very limited and I can not find the Control associated with this button. Further in-depth research is required and I am unable to do this at present. If you wish to use the LINDA tracer to identify the related control I will be able to do a quick update.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

1 hour ago, ScotFlieger said:

I have looked at the QW787 VS-FPA button. My knowledge of the aircraft is very limited and I can not find the Control associated with this button. Further in-depth research is required and I am unable to do this at present. If you wish to use the LINDA tracer to identify the related control I will be able to do a quick update.

I would be willing to do it. Is how to do that in a manual or can you tell me here? I can do it this weekend.

Eric 

Thank you for the offer. Unfortunately there is no documented advice on how to investigate how each addon developer implements their aircraft and find what parameters can or can not be used. Although I did the original investigation for the QW787 I can not recall how I did it and can offer no advice.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Here is one I have done

BUT, when switched to FPA mode, my thumb wheel will not change FPA, using the VC cilick with mouse or mouse wheels will work, but not the lua input.