Sign in to follow this  
Dragonix12

No Saitek Panels being recognized by Windows

Hello all,

I have had a problem that has plagued me for the past few weeks. I have 3 Saitek panels, the switch panel, multi panel, and radio panel. When I plug these into the computer, they all don't get recognized. I am sure they all work because I can plug them into another computer and they power up + get recognized fine. Right now, I am using a 4 port USB hub powered by a 2A power adapter, meaning each port even if fully maxed out can still get 500mA, so power should not be an issue at all. Additionally, I have tried all tricks including registry edits for power enhancement, running the USB Enhanced Power Manager Disabler program , installing/reinstalling any necessary drivers, and looking for things in the BIOS. My USB ports also definetly work. When I plug a panel into the computer, absolutely nothing happens. It doesn't even appear in Device Manager as an unknown device, nor does it appear in the control panel Devices and Printers menu. I also have Saitek yoke, throttle quadrant, and rudder pedals, all of which work fine when plugged into the same USB ports on the hub. At this point, I am very fed up and desperate for some special help as no one seems to be having the same problem as me, so please help ASAP!

Thanks!

What happens if you plug the panels into the USB hub on the yoke?

Also. Try going to Control Panel, Device Manager, Human Interface Devices.  Plug in and unplug the panels and see if USB entries appear and disappear as you do so.  They would  be listed as "USB Input Device" or something similar toward the bottom of the list.  Just below your yoke and rudder pedals entries.

Have you installed device specific drivers on that computer?

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MSI Z490 WiFi MOB;  i7 10700k Comet Lake 3.8 Ghz CPU; Ripjaws 32 gb DDR4 3600; ASUS GTX 1070 TI Turbo 8GB; MasterCase H500M; Corsair H100i Pro cooler; Corsair RMX850X PSU; ASUS VG289 4K 27"; Honeycomb Alpha Yoke A+.  Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor; AOPA Member #07379126 
                        There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit! - Benjamin Jowett

Hi, thanks for the reply. After unplugging and plugging in all of my panels and checking Device Manager, some interesting results happen. For the Multi Panel and Radio Panel, the computer recognizes it and "USB Input Device" shows up. The Multi Panel actually now works and gets powered on normally, and everything is recognized fine in SPAD, however, it does not connect to the simulator (probably a SimConnect issue or something). The Radio Panel like I said gets recognized in HID in Device Manager, however it does not power up at all. The screens still stay blank and is not recognized in SPAD. The Switch Panel does not get recognized at all in Device Manager when I plug/unplug it from the computer. Nothing happens even when plugged into the yoke. I have tried uninstalling the device from Device Manager, then replugging in the panels, and then using the USB power disabler program, then replug in the panels again, but that all doesn't work.

I have tried to install device specific drivers but not sure if they are the correct ones, it would be great if you could link me to some drivers that are sure to work best for the Saitek panels on Windows 10!

While in Control Panel, Device Manager.  Do this one device at a time if you have not already done so.  Plug in, then remove the device so you can identify it.  Right click on the item and select the tab "Power Management".  On that tab make sure the option to "allow the computer to shut off the device to save power"  is not checked.  If you need to uncheck any see what happens then.

Frank Patton
MSI Z490 WiFi MOB;  i7 10700k Comet Lake 3.8 Ghz CPU; Ripjaws 32 gb DDR4 3600; ASUS GTX 1070 TI Turbo 8GB; MasterCase H500M; Corsair H100i Pro cooler; Corsair RMX850X PSU; ASUS VG289 4K 27"; Honeycomb Alpha Yoke A+.  Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor; AOPA Member #07379126 
                        There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit! - Benjamin Jowett

Going into the "Power Management" tab for each device and unchecking that did not work. I somehow have successfully gotten my Multi Panel to work perfectly now, however the Radio Panel is still not powering up properly even though it's being recognized, and MOST importantly right now, the Switch Panel is not being recognized AT ALL which I don't know if you have any help you could give me for that.

7 hours ago, Dragonix12 said:

Going into the "Power Management" tab for each device and unchecking that did not work. I somehow have successfully gotten my Multi Panel to work perfectly now, however the Radio Panel is still not powering up properly even though it's being recognized, and MOST importantly right now, the Switch Panel is not being recognized AT ALL which I don't know if you have any help you could give me for that.

You are not describing a USB power management problem. In my experience the most common 'problem' with Saitek panels is that the driver program is just not being started. Can we presume you have tried running the Saitek test program and that doesn't work? I'm not sure those panels show any life until you drive them.

You don't say which sim but to drive these in P3D you need to be running a driver program. You also need to make sure it gets run when you run P3D, either by creating an entry in exe.xml or by running it manually.

Edited by MarkDH

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I am running P3Dv4.5 for this and have installed the Prepar3D plugin/driver for the panels from Logitech, this is how my multi panel is working currently. My Radio Panel simply does not even power up at all, and I know this because when it worked fine before, the screens would at least display something even if it wasn't connected to the sim, but right now it's simply blank and does not display anything when initially plugging it in. The Switch Panel is the most odd one because I'm not sure if I can do anything with it if it's not even being recognized as anything when I plug it into the computer, so that might be straight up a dead panel at this point. I am wondering if you could please link me to the appropriate drivers or things like the test program because I don't have those.