Sign in to follow this  
newtie

pushback l/r no longer working

Hi all-

I just noticed that I've lost the left/right functionality during pushback. Straight back only.

Anything I can check/fix prior to reinstall?

Cheers,

Mark

Does this only happen with the Lear35?

Do you have Select Item1 and Select Item 2 assigned 1 and 2, respectively, in P3D key assignments? Also note the 'regular' number keys are different than the numberpad number keys in the assignments.

Al

Edited by ark

Hi Al-

Entries are there.

Does NOT work with any aircraft. I'll use the Y key to get my 90 degree turn for now.

Thanks,

Mark

1 hour ago, newtie said:

Hi Al-

Entries are there.

Does NOT work with any aircraft. I'll use the Y key to get my 90 degree turn for now.

Thanks,

Mark

So this sounds like a sim issue rather than an L35 problem. I wonder if the 1 and 2 keys are being 'intercepted or trapped' by some addon  (e.g., FSUIPC or a 3rd part application) that happens to be running or is activated by the Shift+P key combination?

Al

Edited by ark

I'm only using FSUIPC's 'Run=' to start FSGRW and STB concurrently with P3D but there are no key commands used with that obviously. I'll check on my sim PC later for other Shift + P assignments.

Thanks,

Mark

1 hour ago, newtie said:

I'm only using FSUIPC's 'Run=' to start FSGRW and STB concurrently with P3D but there are no key commands used with that obviously. I'll check on my sim PC later for other Shift + P assignments.

Thanks,

Mark

I suggest you just temporarily disable those add-ons so they don't start and see what happens -- a quick and easy way to eliminate them as the cause of the problem. Just comment out the FSUIPC 'Run=' line and restart the sim. Same goes for any other add-ons like EZdok, Chase Plane, TrackIR, etc., -- turn them all off temporarily.  If push back starts to work, then turn the add-ons back on 1 by 1 to try and identify the culprit.

Since this push back problem just started, can you think of any recent changes you have made -- any updates, new add-ons, system mods, etc?

My understanding is the push back operation looks for the 1 or 2 key immediately after the Shift+P. If P3D is getting the equivalent of a key input before the 1 or 2 key, the push back sequence is 'broken' and won't work.

As you probably know, the plane will move straight back about a plane length before starting to turn.

I know some folks leave their computer on almost all the time. I would try shutting the  computer down and restarting if you haven't done so already.

As a shot in the dark, if you haven't already you could also try a default a/c to see what happens.

Al

Edited by ark

Hi Al-

Here's what I did last night. Uninstalled the Lear, downloaded the latest version, installed that. Installed the GTN 750. All went fine.

Opened default flight with no changes, clicked Go. Tried Shift + P, w/1/2 immediately after, worked fine. Changed to the Lear, doesn't work. Hmmm...

I do have steering lock and the spoilers set to buttons on my T16000M stick, but those aren't keys.

4 hours ago, newtie said:

Hi Al-

Here's what I did last night. Uninstalled the Lear, downloaded the latest version, installed that. Installed the GTN 750. All went fine.

Opened default flight with no changes, clicked Go. Tried Shift + P, w/1/2 immediately after, worked fine. Changed to the Lear, doesn't work. Hmmm...

I do have steering lock and the spoilers set to buttons on my T16000M stick, but those aren't keys.

Mark,

Here's an easy experiment to try.

1. Go into the P3D modules folder and rename the FSUIPC5.ini file to something like xFSUIPC5.ini. This will back up the ini file and also force FSUIPC to generate a new 'bare bones' ini file the next time the sim is started.

2. Then start the sim and see if the L35 pushback works with the new FSUIPC5.ini file.

3. If the L35 pushback doesn't work, you can just delete the new FSUIPC5.ini file and rename the backed up one from xFSUIPC5.ini back to just FSUIPC5.ini and restart the sim.

4. If the L35 pushback does work with the new ini file, then we can look closer at the original FSUIPC5.ini file.

Al

Edited by ark

Hi Al-

Thanks as always for your time and help.

This fixed it.

http://www.perfectflight.cloud/2017/12/03/fsxp3d-groundhandling-v-6-0/

You can even use your rudder pedals to 'steer backwards' :>)

I'm going to look at your fix anyway as I'd like to know what's preempting the selection of the 1/2 key. This may be helpful in other weird situations as well.

Cheers,

Mark

20 minutes ago, newtie said:

Hi Al-

Thanks as always for your time and help.

This fixed it.

http://www.perfectflight.cloud/2017/12/03/fsxp3d-groundhandling-v-6-0/

You can even use your rudder pedals to 'steer backwards' :>)

I'm going to look at your fix anyway as I'd like to know what's preempting the selection of the 1/2 key. This may be helpful in other weird situations as well.

Cheers,

Mark

Interesting Mark, I had not seen that gauge before. Using rudder pedals on push back is certainly a nice touch.

To be clear, what I posted above is not a fix, just an attempt to see if we could narrow down where/what the problem might really be.

Al

Edited by ark

It's very cool. There are other functions as well that I've yet to check out as I just had a few minutes this morning with it.

I'll keep you posted on FSUIPC.

10 minutes ago, newtie said:

I'll keep you posted on FSUIPC.

OK, thanks.

Al