Sign in to follow this  
gaab

PC12_Cabin_alt P3D version ?

I recently bought the PC12 and discovered that the "PC12_Cabin_alt" is the FSX version 32b.

I am runing Prepar3DV4 which complains :

[error.280]
error=C-style gauge failed to load: G:\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado PC12\panel\PC12_Cabin_alt.dll, Gauge: C340_PRESS. DLL is 32 bit. A 64 bit version is required.

I have open a ticket at Carenado support site, but the answer is as usual...

Greetings,

P3D shows as error when a code is different than their's, which doesn't mean is an actual error.
We change the codes in order to get more realistic gauges, systems and behavior.
Is the aircraft flying normally?

Regards,

and after insisting...

....as this is the first ticket we receive with this issue.

Does other Prepar3d user have the same issue and in that case, would open a ticket ...

Thanks

Gérard

Edited by gaab

Don't understand. Do you have a problem with the pressurization system?  The P3D error log is completely useless if you aren't a developer.

If the system works, why would you want to open a ticket and what should Carenado do? Release another patch to fix a non-existent bug?

Edited by FDEdev

4 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Don't understand. Do you have a problem with the pressurization system?  The P3D error log is completely useless if you aren't a developer.

If the system works, why would you want to open a ticket and what should Carenado do? Release another patch to fix a non-existent bug?

Why so withering ? Your status and reputation is not in line with your reaction (BTW I thank you for your updated FDE for this interesting plane)   😞

I expect Carenado to supply the right version of the gauge, like for all other .dll gauge coming with this plane.
Or specify that it is useless and must be "commented" in the panel.cfg (which I already did).

And concerning the P3D error log, I am using it regularly to fix the numerous typos in the Carenado XML gauge (they are not the only developper having these issues, but they have the record of error messages).

You are right, as specified by LM, developper should use the error log, but obviously Carenado don't dare to.

Regards

Gérard

Edited by gaab

I was only asking the question why Carenado should fix an error which doesn't seem to have any effect on the aircraft and apparently nobody noticed in the last few years.

They would need to send the new package to all vendors as well. It just doesn't make any sense to invest money and manpower for a non-issue.

Sorry if I came across as being withering, this wasn't my intention! 

As Carenado insist of uninstalling the aircraft, re-downloading and re-installing,  could you be kind enough to confirm that you don't have as well the right version of this gauge.

I suspect that it is useless and will be satisfied by just commenting out the gauge call in the panel...

Regard

Gérard.

For your information, coming from a respected member of FsDeveloper and beta tester for several companies

WarpD

According to L-M... each of those errors impacts performance of the sim

In the same thread :

Notice that any invalid text included in a script will be parsed on every cycle, and then performance will be affected, even loss being insignificant.

That' the reason why, as a USER, I take the time to fix "errorcontent" message (more than the 999 errors reported by P3D with the original gauges).
Edited by gaab

Presently I don't have the PC-12 (or any other add-on aircraft) installed so I can't check. Concerning the slight performance impact, that's nothing new, but IMO still not enough reason to release a new version. 

Hopefully problems like these will be a thing of the past when the new MSFS will be out 🙂

7 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Hopefully problems like these will be a thing of the past when the new MSFS will be out

I really dont see why the behaviour of some developpers would change just because there is a new simulator out.

6 hours ago, gaab said:

I really dont see why the behaviour of some developpers would change just because there is a new simulator out.

This has nothing to do with behavior. If the new sim provides better tools, their usual sloppiness might simply not happen. 

Why some (small or large) developpers provide error free products (even complex one), when other have hundred errors listed.

Tools may help, but will never fix errors in place of programmers. This is why there is Quality Insurance fonctions and "behavior".

Carenado/Alabeo are well known for beautiful 3-D models and texturing, but equally well known for gauges and systems that are poorly or incorrectly modeled.  I recommend you contact Carenado directly regarding your issues with their PC-12.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

4 hours ago, stans said:

I recommend you contact Carenado directly

As written in my first post, I did and I got the usual non-answer...

For your information, I fixed all there typos and other error messages. I also fixed an event flooding !

As an example of why I say it is a matter of behavior, you can check by yourself that when they convert a 2D gauge for display in the VC, they just change the "image_filename" to "image_filenameNOP", creating of course a gauge image not found error, when it would be so easy to just comment the image block !

It is just a shame...

Gérard

Welcome to the wonderful world of Carenado/Alabeo.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I decided some month ago to "black list". I just got the PC12 because there were mods proposed by the community.

Thanks  for that 🙂

(My fixes have been sent to them).