Sign in to follow this  
DaveS

[Resolved] Double Strobes

Hi,

I really love the product but I have having trouble getting a few AI to have the correct strobe sequence. I tried searching here and the AIG forum but couldn't come up with a definitive answer for these:

AIG 757's double flash strobes

UTT/FSP 787's strobes double flash as well as the nose wheel light

AIG CRJ100/200 double flash strobes as well as nose wheel light

AIA 737MAX double flash strobe

Does anyone have a fix for this or perhaps I am doing something wrong? All of my AI were installed via AIG OCI installer

Thanks,

Dave

8 hours ago, DaveS said:

Hi,

I really love the product but I have having trouble getting a few AI to have the correct strobe sequence. I tried searching here and the AIG forum but couldn't come up with a definitive answer for these:

AIG 757's double flash strobes

UTT/FSP 787's strobes double flash as well as the nose wheel light

AIG CRJ100/200 double flash strobes as well as nose wheel light

AIA 737MAX double flash strobe

Does anyone have a fix for this or perhaps I am doing something wrong? All of my AI were installed via AIG OCI installer

Thanks,

Dave

Hi David,

Thanks for your positive feedback, I really appreciate it.

There are a couple of conditions that would cause this issue:

A) Check the general section, be sure the aircraft type is set correctly. for example Boeing, Airbus, etc.

B) Check if these models have the effects declared via the [LIGHT] section, so they are not attached via the .MDL.

Models that have the effects attached via the model will implement what is a called a "fallback" effect. Fallback effects use double strobes as the freeware version used to do. This is a limitation because most of the time these models share the same effect name with many other models (for example fx_strobe, fx_navred, etc.) and you can't implement custom patterns.

C) Double declared lights. So declared via [LIGHT] and also via .MDL.

Regarding the nose wheel light, not sure what you mean.. if these models have nose wheel lights these will be left alone by AI Lights Reborn.

You can request Kaii to update these models to have the lights effects declared via the [light] section instead the .MDL file to get more accurate lighting representation.

Regards,
Simbol

Dave,

With respect to the AIA 737 MAX model.....can you check to see if you have double strobes, or a more complicated irregular double/triple flash combo? The reason I ask is because the AIA 737 MAX model has light effects assigned in both the .MDL file and the aircraft.cfg file. I disabled all of the statements in the [LIGHTS] section of the aircraft.cfg file, and now the strobes are regular double flash.

This is one of those situations that Simbol mentioned above where a "fall back" double flash is used (because the main effects are attached to the .MDL file).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Now i noticed, that i have two sections in the Aircraft.cfg, where fsreborn lights are used.

First under [lights] and at the end under [FSreborn_lights_CTRL].

Is it that, what yuo mean with double declared lights?

Joachim

Regards Joachim

1 hour ago, Prisco said:

Now i noticed, that i have two sections in the Aircraft.cfg, where fsreborn lights are used.

First under [lights] and at the end under [FSreborn_lights_CTRL].

Is it that, what yuo mean with double declared lights?

Joachim

No, what you see is by design.

Double declared lights is when by mistake, developers put a light section and also attache the same effects via the AI models.

This is not very common to happen though.

Regards,

Simbol