Sign in to follow this  
Thomas_Kenobi

I got Flight One Ultimate Traffic working in FSX

As a temporary measure - you can copy the aircraft and the traffic files over to the folders in FSXThe aircraft go in the folder SimObjectsAirplanesThough I'd STRONGLY recommend you create a new folder SimObjectsAI_AircraftYou will have to edit the FSX.CFG file to add this line to the main section:SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjectsAI_AircraftNow - changes you will have to make / watch for:1. AI Parking is no longer used the aircraft model radius - it appears that the airplane_geometry section wing_span= value - which must be in feet - is halved and rounded up to the next whole meter. If you see AI aircraft parking too close together - that is the area to change.2. FS2004 AFCAD files will work - but will probably be misaligned with the new world used in FSX. And their are other certain issues wiht frequencies and updates to FSX airports being knocked out by AFCAD 2004's programming standards.3. If a panel folder is in the individual aircraft folder - the aircraft will display in the select aircraft menu. Editing the air file has no impact on the display of the aircraft.Remember any strange behavior or weird things you see are not "bugs" in either FSX or the AI aircraft - just results of using something designed for FS2004 in FSX.

Thanks for the great tip!Would you please be more explicit about editing the cfg files by adding a 2 etc.I am having difficulty following you with that.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

>Thanks for the great tip!Would you please be more explicit>about editing the cfg files by adding a 2 etc.I am having>difficulty following you with that.Thanks,RonFSX does not like duplicate titles in the aircraft.cfgIf your run the FSX without this addition, it will simply let you know that it does not like the duplicate but will carry on to play a regular game.This will pop up every time you load FSXSo to avoid this warning, add a 2 to the title name in the aircraft.cfg where a texture is "F9 F9 00" (3 of 4 of them are this) and this will simply eliminate the duplicate titles with same textures. the "2" is arbitrary, you could add the name porrage if you like porradgeallen

OK,I think I have it.I put a 2 or porradge (is that like oatmeal?}after title=2FLia etc.only where it is F9 F9 00.Thanks for your help I'm an old guy that has been doing this for a lot of years but sometimes I need things clarified.Thanks,Ron from Ottawa,Ill.

Thanks,I'm working on it now.Am I right about what to do?Thanls again,Ron