Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Custom waypoints in the FSX Flightplanner

You can create custom waypoints in the FSX flight planner - just click on the flight path line and drag it to where you want a waypoint.

Guest Water Mango

When we get this thing to run decent we'll get back to you on this...

I'll go a step farther and say FS9 has always had that drag and drop feature in the default flight planner (this is not a new feature). Seeing SID/STARS were a problem I found that you could make your own custom flight plans using the default planner. Just drag the line onto whatever airport or VOR you wish to add on your flight (of course you have the option to delete as well). This became very important when planning flights over southern Cali. The default approach into KLAX was hair raising to say the least as you were so close to those mountains. Now bare in mind you can't control ATC's final approach and altitude vectors but you can give yourself a fighting chance of clearing mountains if you plan your approach when setting up the flight plan in the default planner from the beginning.Just remember the FS9 planner map is fully clickable and you can drag and drop any waypoints you want. It's a perfect substitute for not having SID/STARS and if you combine that function with the default GPS SID/STAR database (this is only a GA option as I usually use more advanced payware heavies that have FMC

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Maybe I wasn't clear enough.While you can drag and drop the flight line onto any existing intersection, navaid or airport in FS2004 - I was never able to drag the line to an area with no waypoints and create a new waypoint.That is what you can do in FSX.

>Maybe I wasn't clear enough.>>While you can drag and drop the flight line onto any existing>intersection, navaid or airport in FS2004 - I was never able>to drag the line to an area with no waypoints and create a new>waypoint.>>That is what you can do in FSX.Some folks have a reading deficit disorder... *:-*

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator