Sign in to follow this  
TonyB

FSX Retail...anyone using Real Weather?

I can't fly without simulating the weather in the location from which I'm taking off.All through the FSX demo, I've downloaded Real Weather before flying. I'm sure it has an effect on the sim, but overall, I'm happy with the 2nd version of the Demo. I can't get the Retail Version yet from anywhere (I tried). I'm a little anxious and anticipate getting the boxed version on the 17th but I'm probably pretty nervous because of all the slide show threads I've been reading about. Of course, I'm hoping it won't happen to me; but one thing for sure, is that I must have weather.So...what's the verdict from you who are flying the real thing? Do you download Weather, and what's the effect? Stan

Guest Sabadin

I use real world weather pretty much all the time, rarely see any performance hit unless I have like 3 overcasts layers with the cloud settings full right. The only things that I really get any problems from are autogen, 2.x water, and light bloom. Luckily with the high res textures it looks pretty good even without autogen.

I always like to fly with real weather. Sometimes I will load up a saved flight with old weather that I liked, just to fly in that weather again. An example would be a hurricane crossing Florida, for example.RhettAMD 3700+, eVGA 7800GT 256, ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, etc. etc.

Thanks for the responses. Wonder if ActiveSky will have an update? Stan

Thanks for the responses. Wonder if ActiveSky will have an update? Stan

>Thanks for the responses. Wonder if ActiveSky will have an>update?>> StanYes, they have said one is coming.Tony