Sign in to follow this  
cvearl

RXP GNS Plane Integration List? For P3Dv4

Hi there.

Years ago I had the old GNS 530/430 combo for FSX and a number of third party aircraft (Namely Carenado) had the ability to turn them on and off in the cockpit model (if you owned them). Then iwe all discovered they would not work in P3D. Fast forward to today? we have V2 now. Great. I am just coming back BTW and getting my bearings here.. 

Is there a list somewhere of confirmed planes that have integrated the new V2 kit? Or will V2 work in Carenado where the old V1 did? Does it work that way?

I am not keen anymore modding cockpits. No time for that stuff anymore.

Charles.

On 1/14/2019 at 11:18 AM, RXP said:

make a local copy of rxpGNS2.dll (installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\ ....) into the simulator gauge folder as 'rxpGNS.gau' (or .dll depending) and this will make any 3rd party aircraft config tool looking for the legacy gauge file to work. From then on, our GNS V2 includes a new technology, 'Gauge Name Alias', which automatically makes any panel.cfg gauge## entry with the older legacy name to work with our newest GNS V2.

@cvearl
Go  to C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\64. Make a copy of rxpGNS2.dll rename it rxpGNS.dll. They both reside in the same folder Whenever RXP releases an update for the GNS you'll have to repeat the process so both files are updated.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BillS511 said:

@cvearl
Go  to C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\64. Make a copy of rxpGNS2.dll rename it rxpGNS.dll. They both reside in the same folder Whenever RXP releases an update for the GNS you'll have to repeat the process so both files are updated.

Waaaa? So... I can purchase/install RXP GNS 530/430 V2 package. Then install a Carenado plane that originally supported RXP integration but in FSX into P3D. Then make these little mods and BOOM V2 is working in Carenado in P3Dv4?

9 hours ago, cvearl said:

Waaaa? So... I can purchase/install RXP GNS 530/430 V2 package. Then install a Carenado plane that originally supported RXP integration but in FSX into P3D. Then make these little mods and BOOM V2 is working in Carenado in P3Dv4?

Yes. For example in the Carenado Cheyenne III you would run RXP530PA42.exe it will create the panel.cfg file to include the legacy RXP entry. This is where the RXP feature comes in handy.

Spoiler

DFSLF95.jpg

Slight modifications may be necessary in some cases.

For example in the Cheyenne if you want the perfect fit;

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$Panel_1

gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,    0, 0, 512, 372 change this to...
gauge01=PA42CAR!ToggleCAR530,     64,0, 256, 32

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$Panel_1

gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,    8, 0, 501, 365 to this.
gauge01=PA42CAR!ToggleCAR530,     64,0, 256, 32

2UQ9FIV.jpg

• Like 1

Don't forget to also enable the following settings:

• "Use Legacy L:vars with 3rd Party Aircraft" (most likely mandatory in this case)
  • "Use Legacy Mouse Knobs Handling" (if you want the legacy left/right/middle mouse buttons handling)

Also don't miss this great thread:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)