Sign in to follow this  
Gabshall

RealLight Initialization Error

While waiting to get access to the Milviz support forum, I was hoping someone could assist with a problem I've encountered with the Turbo Otter. Every time the aircraft loads I get a popup which reads 'RealLight Initialization error' and notes there are missing textures. I've reinstalled several times but that doesn't fix the issue. Has anyone encountered this and found a fix?

Many thanks in advance.

Gabs.

Once you get access you'll see this is known & long time issue with RealLight. This should help until you get access.

RealLight Initialization Errors

Bruce

• Upvote 1

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Bruce - many thanks for taking the time to post the screen shot. Unfortunately there isn't a _0.bmp file in any of the RealLight folders. There are 0.bmp files in the Cabin and Gauges folders, but removing those simply stops the instrument lights and doesn't remove the initialization errors. 

Oisin has now given me access to the support forum (wasn't expecting it over the holiday period - which is impressive in itself). So I'll look there for further information.

Thanks again for helping.

Gabs.

• Like 1

Following a recent update to the RealLight platform, some of our planes will throw an initialization error on install.

We are in the process of re-working the affected products but in the meantime, you may resolve any RealLight initialization errors by going to the RealLight/Textures folders and removing any files where the name is not made up entirely of numerals. Any that you find can be safely deleted. Example _0.bmp or thumbs.db should be removed; files comprised of numbers only, like 04.dds or 7.bmp, should be left in place.

• Upvote 2

Please contact me [kat at milviz dot com] for registration information.
If you require access to a support forum please provide proof of purchase plus your preferred forum user name.

@Katoun thanks for bailing me out. I was about to add the further info.

@Gabshall hope you get everything cleared up now.

• Upvote 1

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Thanks to both for your help. The fix was as described by Katoun. The culprits were files 1B.bmp and x2.bmp in the RealLight texture folders. Renaming them stopped the initialization errors. Now I can spend some holiday time flying this wonderful plane!

Happy new year to you both (when it comes).

• Like 1