Sign in to follow this  
edu2703

TrueGlass and RealLight removal

It's possible to permanently disable and/or remove TrueGlass and RealLight from P3D V4.5 completely?

I think they are mainly to blame for the poor performance of some add-on aircrafts that came with them on my P3D, specifically on Virtual Cockpit view. I wanted to test without RealLight and TrueGlass to see if there is any FPS increase on VC view.

Thanks,

Eduardo

Given what I know of how they work, TrueGlass might have a bit of an impact. But RealLight won't. It only renders when lighting knobs are changed. So long as they aren't being moved, its the same as having static textures. You can disable them in your test by opening the panel cfg of the aircraft in question in notepad, looking for the gaugeXX=RealLight and gaugeXX=TrueGlass entries, and putting // in front of them.

Edited by JB3DG

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

5 hours ago, JB3DG said:

Given what I know of how they work, TrueGlass might have a bit of an impact. But RealLight won't. It only renders when lighting knobs are changed. So long as they aren't being moved, its the same as having static textures. You can disable them in your test by opening the panel cfg of the aircraft in question in notepad, looking for the gaugeXX=RealLight and gaugeXX=TrueGlass entries, and putting // in front of them.

Thank you very much!

I deleted everything related to TrueGlass and RealLight on panel.cfg and noticed a 20+FPS gain on VC view without any other problem so far.

8 hours ago, edu2703 said:

Thank you very much!

I deleted everything related to TrueGlass and RealLight on panel.cfg and noticed a 20+FPS gain on VC view without any other problem so far.

That's interesting.  What hardware are you running? 

What aircraft was this?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

18 hours ago, edu2703 said:

Thank you very much!

Add the RealLight part back and leave TrueGlass out and see what you get. TrueGlass is different enough from RL that it might be the only cause.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

16 hours ago, Mace said:

That's interesting.  What hardware are you running? 

What aircraft was this?

My specs are : i5-4690 3.5 GHz,  8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT730 4GB

I tested on QualityWings 787, Maddog X and Aerosoft Airbus Professional. I deleted every trace of RealLight and TrueGlass from my P3D V4.5 and after that, I edited each aircraft's panel.cfg, looking for mentions of TrueGlass and RealLight and when I found it, I deleted it.

The biggest improvement came from the Maddog, where there was an increase of 27 FPS on VC view. In the QW787, there was an increase of 22 FPS.

On the other hand, on Aerosoft Airbus, the FPS increase was small (5 FPS). I think the high quality cockpit displays are mainly to blame for the poor performance, since when they are off, the FPS improves massively.

6 hours ago, JB3DG said:

Add the RealLight part back and leave TrueGlass out and see what you get. TrueGlass is different enough from RL that it might be the only cause.

Thanks. I will do this later.