Multi panel and PMDG NGXu

Hi, 
I am running P3D v4 with the PMDG 737NGXu and using all the saitek equipment:

Yoke and 2 throttle quadrants
6 x FIPS
Switch Panel
Radio Panel
Multi panel

All of them work except for some of the multi panel.

On the multi panel all of the AP buttons function, the trim wheel and AT arm switch work without issue. The issues are with the display and the rotary selector switch.

When I select Heading and turn the rotary knob, nothing moves. The display shows the current altitude on the MCP in the simulation but when turning the knob nothing moves in the sim or on the panel.

When I select IAS and move the knob, the multi panel display changes but nothing in the sim changes.

When selecting Heading nothing changes on the multi panel or the sim.

When selecting course the multi panel changes but again nothing happens in the sim.

I have the latest build of SPAD next and are using the default online snippets you created. Even if I try and create my own actions I cannot get them to work properly.

It is really strange as my radios work as normal and every other piece of Saitek equipment works perfectly.

I checked to make sure that Broadcast was enabled in the SDK and it was.

Any ideas why i may be having this issue?

Many Thanks

Dave

kennedy2125 Passenger Posts: 2 Joined: 09 Sep 2015, 12:32 Contact:  Status: Online 

Re: Saitek multi panel and PMDG NGXu

Post by kennedy2125 » Yesterday, 21:22

Ok, so I have got altitude and heading working properly now by using the pmdg 737ngx events for turning the selector and the simconnect event for the display value.

I have got the IAS selector working in sim but cannot find the right simconnect event for showing the value in the multi panel display. The same goes for the course selector. Works in the sim but can’t find the right event to show on the multi panel display.

Bottom line seems to be to use the original 737ngx events to control the actions in the sim and use simconnect events to output the value to the multi panel display.

Only issue I have now is trying to work out what the right simconnect events are for IAS and Course, I’ve tried all the obvious ones but no joy.

Anyone have any ideas what the right simconnect values are to show IAS and Course on the multi panel display.

I had working perfect in FSX with the NGX but have overwritten the profile with my P3D one.

Hi,

Just to be sure, don't you forget to add this line to the PMDG option file:

[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

It may fix the wrong display.

Orangina

Orangina

Hardware: Intel 4770K / Geforce 1060 / Saitek X55 + Fighter Rudder / Saitek Switch Panel + Multi Panel + Radio Panel + BIP + 5 FIP (Drived by SPADNext) / Track IR 4 + TrackClip Pro

Software: W10 64bits, MSFS, LittleNavMap

You need to update to the beta version of spad.next as there were some variables renamed by pmdg for the ngxu. There are some LVARs assigned with the same values (altitude, ias, etc) but it’s more responsive to use the ngxu events programmed in spad.

Also, in Control Panel, Device Manager, Human Interface devices, locate the USB entry for the Multipanel.  You may need to unplug it and plug it back in to see which device disappears and reappears.  When ID'd, click on Properties, Power Management, and make sure that "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" is deselected.

There are also a few freeware apps that make Registry edits for you for Saitek devices to stifle Windows Advanced Power Management for them.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere