Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 Ireland mesh?

I have England Scotland & Wales covered thanks to Just Flight VFR Real 3D photoreal, so was wondering about giving Ireland a similar treatment (no autogen, but still, I'm OK with that). Does this scenery come with a detailed mesh? If not, I "only" have Freemesh X (it's still a vast improvement over the default FSX mesh outside of the USA!).

Cheers.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

There was a good post about scenery comparisons, but it seems the photos are not visible anymore

Edited by Jude Bradley
  • Like 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Interesting link, thank you! :cool:

On the last page of the thread someone mentioned that MSE Ireland uses the default FSX mesh, unless the user has an aftermarket one installed...

So... I wonder.. do I just get Scenery Tech Europe landclass and let that take care of increasing the accuracy of the scenery? I was going to buy it anyway for the rest of Europe... or do I get the MSE product as well? :rolleyes:

First world problems... :tongue:

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I use Toposim Ireland mesh. Here is the link for Western Europe mesh products. $3.95 for Ireland and  Great Britain is Free right now!

For history - Justin owned FSGenesis for years and then sold it to someone else. That did not work well for the original customers so after a bit Justin started Toposim and again has the great service, and increased products, that his old site had.

Link for the Ireland mesh: https://www.toposim.net/distrib/?s=ireland+mesh&post_type=product

Hope this helps.

Lyn

• Like 1

Thanks, Lyn. :cool:

I believe Freemesh X has Ireland at LOD 10, but only $3.95 takes it to the next level... literally! :laugh:

I shall certainly consider the Toposim mesh - I'll probably buy it  AND MSE Ireland after payday - I've done enough frivolous spending this month, unfortunately :unsure: 

I already have GB covered via VFR Real 3D (it includes a decent mesh), which just leaves Northern Ireland, but c'est la vie..

Mark Robinson