Sign in to follow this  
Maaarp

New volume problem

Hi everyone,

I've been running P2ATC for a couple of months now with no problems (after initial config). Now I've started having the same voice volume issues that I did when I started with the program. From yesterday I can barely hear ATC or Chatter voices despite the volume for the voice settings at 100. I've changed nothing else and havn't installed anything new, it just happenned.

My Windows 10 volume mixer is set with System sounds to 100%, P2ATC to 100% and P3D to around 35%. Aircraft noises are unchanged but I can't hear anything else. Help!

Cheers

Warwick

Oh, and one other thing, if P2ATC has focus then the volume is fine. This problem has only started if P3D is full screen and P2ATC is "behind" it. (This config worked just fine until yesterday).

W

I've had similar sound issues not just with P2A but also other apps providing sound. It happened when I updated windows 10 to latest. Still working on a solution. I can't see anything obvious in the windows settings.

That does sound like something in Windows since it is predicated on having/losing focus.

I've had Windows change some of my settings during an update in the past.  I would go back through all the Windows sound settings and see if they are still correct.  Focus on the ones that deal with communications. 

Go through the old style Control Panel to Sounds settings rather than the new settings windows.   

Dave

• Like 2

Have had the "do nothing" option set in sound->communications for a long time already to prevent this problem but it doesn't fix it. In that article lots of comments report the same.

Edited by glider1