Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

AS Twin Otter CTD

51 minutes ago, mitsos said:

Are you using JoinFS ?

Sadly, no, Dimitri.

Hi Rick, I don't have the twin otter and I don't know how it works but I had a similar behavior with the T7 and the problem was a spike on my mixture axis. Since then I've created a profile without any mixture axis only for my airliners and problem solved. Hope you get your problem sorted out, my friend.

On 1/23/2020 at 10:31 PM, vc10man said:

Thanks for your great help. Did that .dll bit and tough wood, I am in a flight, on AP, and so far that Twin Otter is behaving. Holding ALT as well as HDG.

Do you possibly still have this dll file for P3DV4/5 from Aerosoft on your computer? Aerosoft does not provide a download link any longer. Their support for P3D is almost non-existent now …

Felix

5 hours ago, Flyfox said:

Do you possibly still have this dll file for P3DV4/5 from Aerosoft on your computer? Aerosoft does not provide a download link any longer. Their support for P3D is almost non-existent now …

Asking such questions in these older threads probably won't be of much use, give the people have likely migrated over to MSFS.

In anycase the ASC.dll is available for download from the page one link in the thread, there will be a need to log into the Aerosoft forum though (just tested the download myself and it was ok).

Also, the gist in the thread was the downloadable ASC.dll was subsequently included in the latest installer build, perhaps try downloading the most current build of the installer ?

Personally the Aerosoft Twotter is a great plane in P3D, I've even tricked mine up with improved freezing rain effects where the control surfaces freeze up.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

8 hours ago, Rogen said:

In anycase the ASC.dll is available for download from the page one link in the thread, there will be a need to log into the Aerosoft forum though (just tested the download myself and it was ok).

Thanks for your tipp! I indeed hadn‘t logged in. But it did not solve my problem:

Yes, MSFS is the new flightsim leader, but I still enjoy many great aircraft including Aerosoft‘s Twotter in P3DV5. But I was looking for a ASC.dll, which is compatible with the marvelous Diamond DA-20 Katana. I consider this addon as the best GA aircraft in FSX. And I still enjoy it in P3DV5, though with some limitations. A lua script makes it possible, but unfortunately the amazing set if cockpit sounds requires a 64bit compatible ASC.dll. Neither the one from the Twotter nor the one from this download link does the job for the DA-20. It crashes P3D on loading when it is used. That‘s why I had some hope in this version, but they are all the same…

Felix

7 hours ago, Flyfox said:

Thanks for your tipp! I indeed hadn‘t logged in. But it did not solve my problem:

Yes, MSFS is the new flightsim leader, but I still enjoy many great aircraft including Aerosoft‘s Twotter in P3DV5. But I was looking for a ASC.dll, which is compatible with the marvelous Diamond DA-20 Katana. I consider this addon as the best GA aircraft in FSX. And I still enjoy it in P3DV5, though with some limitations. A lua script makes it possible, but unfortunately the amazing set if cockpit sounds requires a 64bit compatible ASC.dll. Neither the one from the Twotter nor the one from this download link does the job for the DA-20. It crashes P3D on loading when it is used. That‘s why I had some hope in this version, but they are all the same…

Ok, you mean this one ?

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/shop/flight/p3d-fsx/flight-simulator-x/aircraft/461/diamond-da20-100-katana-4x

If so then yes it certainly sounds like a great aircraft.

Are all its gauges etc. xml based ? Apart from the sound side of things that is.

Hard to say what is causing the crash, the ASC.dll in my TWotter install is version 1.3.1.3 and does have a dependancy on an asc.cfg (like in the spolier).

Spoiler

[General]
wavdir=H:\Addons_P3D\01.Aircraft\AeroSoft\AeroSoft_Twin_Otter\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_WHEEL\sound\ASC_Twotter
id=84686116

[SYSTEM]

[CUSTOM]
Sound00=Twot_SwitchSound,0
Sound01=Twot_GuardSound,0
Sound02=Twot_ADF_CD,0
Sound03=Twot_Alt_Alert,0
Sound04=Fire_Ext_LH,0
Sound05=Fire_Ext_RH,0
Sound06=Fire_Ext_LH,0
Sound07=Fire_Ext_RH,0
Sound08=Firebell,0
Sound09=Twot_Start1a,0
Sound10=Twot_Start1b,0
Sound11=Twot_Start1c,0
Sound12=Twot_Start2a,0
Sound13=Twot_Start2b,0
Sound14=Twot_Start2c,0
Sound15=Twot_Wiper_Slow,0
Sound16=Twot_Wiper_Fast,0
Sound17=Twot_Butclick,0
Sound18=Twot_LargeKnob,0
Sound19=Twot_Park_brk_on,0
Sound20=Twot_Park_brk_off,0
Sound21=Twot_vent_Fan_on,0
Sound22=Twot_vent_Fan_cont,0
Sound23=Twot_vent_Fan_off,0
Sound24=Twot_GustLock_on,0
Sound25=Twot_GustLock_off,0
Sound26=Twot_FuelPump,0
Sound27=Twot_GearLever,0
Sound28=Twot_Gear_up,0
Sound29=Twot_Gear_dn,0
Sound30=Twot_Startlocks_dis,0

[VARS]
DefaultDir=AerosoftTwinOtterExtended
DefaultFile=UserSettings.asc
CustomFile01=TwotterX.asc

var000=TW_Bat_Bus_voltage
var001=Failures_disable
var002=Twotter_has_no Startlocks
var003=Startup_situation
var004=Checklist_Feathprop
var005=Panel_View_disable
var006=Checklist_View_disable
var007=Checklist_camera_disable
var008=Clock_Timebase1
var009=Clock_Timebase2

I've had some levels of success via the use of Doug Dawson's gauges (dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll for sound).

https://www.douglassdawson.ca/

Sometimes it is just a matter of dropping in the x64 sound gauge with a bit of panel.cfg work, other times it can be more involved and need a level of remapping.

In the AVSIM library there is a download I built to add cockpit sounds to the Carenardo steam gauge C208B.

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=c208b_hd_%28steam_gauges_version%29.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

https://youtu.be/IRTpp_9HAhs

It is based on Daniel Gauthier's FSX release of "Cockpit sounds v2" where I've updated for P3D x64 and reads both standard and custom events. Sounds are mapped via LVARS but it's built in an understandable way that should be easy to follow (if you want to try as a similar project for the Diamond DA-20 Katana).

The hardest part I found when building was identifying the LVARS, mostly this was due to a proportion of the Carenardo LVARS being Spanish terms where I needed to translate to understand the function (Google Translate was great for this).

Doug also has a gauge to display the LVARS in use making it easy to view all the LVARS and see what values are being set.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D