Sign in to follow this  
d.tsakiris

Other Sounds Muted When PTT

Hi, just upgraded to Win 10 (I believe 1909), and on my first real flight something is driving me mad: As soon as I press the PTT, all other sound go almost completely quiet, except for the transmit sound itself. Even the FO is quieter. After 10 - 20 seconds, the sounds come back at their normal levels. I've already looked into all the Windows settings I can image (do nothing when Win detects comm activity, focus assist, narration), but it persists. What am I overlooking? Thanks

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

That's an easy one.  There is a setting in Windows Audio Control panel under the communications tab where sounds are muted, reduced by 80%, reduced by 50%, or not reduced when the microphone is in use.  You can select whatever action you wish there.

The same thing existed in Windows 7.  

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hi Dave, thanks, but I had that set already. But it seems something else I changed did the trick, just not immediately. Will try to confirm tomorrow.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

With the current builds of windows 10 it still happens with the windows audio control setting I can confirm that. I've had no luck tracking down the cause. It probably does have something to do with multiple apps wanting to use the mic.

Edited by glider1

That doesn't sound good. Have you checked or deactivated focus assist and narration?

Best regards, Dimitrios

Seems either turning off Windows' narration and/or focus assist did the trick.

I must say, MCE in it's latest version is really fun.

Best regards, Dimitrios