Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tszchun_anson

Update to v4.5 HF2

Hi all,

When updating only the client from HF1 to HF2, what extra steps should be taken for add-ons like the following?

• Orbx sceneries

• TomatoShade and reflection profiles

• GSX

Anson

7 hours ago, tszchun_anson said:

Hi all,

When updating only the client from HF1 to HF2, what extra steps should be taken for add-ons like the following?

• Orbx sceneries

• TomatoShade and reflection profiles

• GSX

Anson

At some point after P3Dv4.4, it's recommended to update also the Content, this way you won't miss any of its included PBR capabilities. This will depend on how you did your previous updates after v4.4.

Beware after a Client installation you have your entire ShadersHLSL folder put back to default, so you will have to re-apply your modified shaders again. I'm a PTA user, and in this case, you should re-apply your preset of choice, don't know anything about Tomato Shade.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Agreed, when installing P3DV4.5. HF2, it is time to also update the Content.. something I had not done for several previous updates.  This time it was indeed required. :happy:

I might add that the default shaders in HF2 are better than before, so my Tomatoshade profile is not longer required.. I am currently flying with default shaders and loving it..

Bert

Thanks you guys!

I just completed the client update without content as the previous version was HF1. However, I think I may update the content in the next update. Before I uninstalled the HF1, I started TomatoShade and restored default shaders which had been backed up. 

6 hours ago, tszchun_anson said:

Thanks you guys!

I just completed the client update without content as the previous version was HF1. However, I think I may update the content in the next update. Before I uninstalled the HF1, I started TomatoShade and restored default shaders which had been backed up. 

You can also simply delete all the shader files, in the Shaders folder.

P3D will rebuild them.. just give it a minute or two..

Bert

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.