Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Beautiful Sunrise Departure To Start DHL Cargo Service

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting a beautiful early morning cargo fight from KILN Wilmington Air Park which is main DHl cargo hub airport two nautical miles southeast of the central business district of Wilmington, Ohio, United States to KBGM Greater Binghamton Airport located eight miles north of New York state city Binghamton which is home of one of major IBM centers

On airborne and on climb to F310 after take off from runway 04 with background view of highway route number 73

bm1.jpg

With background view of the same highway still on climb to Fl310  carrying heavy loads of supplies, business letters, and computer parts bound for IBM

bm2.jpg

Making right turn to start the route APE LLONG CIP CFB

bm3.jpg

Now heading to east following highway route 71

bm4.jpg

Still climbing to F310

bm5.jpg

Check out beautiful night sky with many stars

bm6.jpg

You can see that the plane is still following highway route number 71

bm7.jpg

Check out nice combo of tail and sunrise

bm8.jpg

Cruising along the same highway route number 71

bm9.jpg

Passing western section of city of Columbus, Ohio

bm10kcmh.jpg

Passing River South District suburb of city of Columbus where you can see Scioto River across the screenshot, intersection of three highway route numbers 71, 70, and 315 seen behind left wing of the plane, and Scioto Aubudon Metro Park seen off tip of right wing, and intersection of highway route numbers 71 and 70 in front of plane nose as well as view of Schiller Park can be seen in front of right wing

bm11.jpg

Passing KCMH John Glenn Columbus International Airport located 6 miles east of downtown Columbus

bm12.jpg

Cruising at Fl310 in front of sunrise

bm13.jpg

Passing lightened city landscape of Heath, Ohio

bm14kvta.jpg

Cruising at Fl310

bm15.jpg

bm16.jpg

Passing many puffs of clouds

bm17.jpg

You can see in background lake Erie

bm18.jpg

Check out different colors of sky!!

bm19.jpg

Because of regulations of the forums not permitting more than 20 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink below to view rest of exciting cargo trip

Here is hyperlink:  http://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thread/9648/beautiful-sunrise-departure-start-service

Thank you for viewing/

Stay tuned for next exciting flight!!

Regards,

Aharon

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

signCopy.jpg

Aharon:

Very interesting post, and beautiful pictures of the DC-9, your (HJG) pictures seem to always look better than mine, due to some reason,...(just this week, I was searching for a Varig DC-8 in HJG for my post)...

I lived in Columbus, OH, for many years...your account (and places) ring true and brings back good memories...I recall (I-70/i-71) cross-cross (and traffic) was the reason, I always avoided the downtown...🙂...(not sure what has changed there, since)...And, your mention of I-73 is curious...there was no I-73, I can recall, and a bit of search, today, revealed, they have been indeed talking about it, but it has never been built in Ohio, looks like,...i could be wrong...(until I visit Columbus one more time, which I wish to do, for old times sake....)

Anyway, back to your post:

The last 2 shots (on your extended set) with reflection of the (bright-yellow) plane in the nearby water (i.e. melted snow) looks nice...!

Now, two minor questions:

1. You always have impressive (may be exaggerated a bit..🙂...) blowing dust on the runway (snow dust here)...I do like such effects. Is that default FSX?
  2. And, how do you fly the route, e.g. here (APE LLONG CIP CFB)...(without CDU, I think)? Create a manual route? [BTW, curious name "APE" for the first waypoint, for Johnstown (Ohio)...recall visiting that town a couple times...]

@P_7878

Thank you very much for your very very very kind words and I am really glad my flight report reminds you of real life experiences.

On 2/2/2020 at 11:46 AM, P_7878 said:

🙂...(not sure what has changed there, since)...And, your mention of I-73 is curious...there was no I-73, I can recall, and a bit of search, today, revealed, they have been indeed talking about it, but it has never been built in Ohio, looks like,...i could be wrong...(until I visit Columbus one more time, which I wish to do, for old times sake....)🙂...)

Whenever I do a flight screenshot report, I always match FSX ground textures to Google Map or Mapquest or any kind of map to identify specific roads, streets, buildings, lakes, rivers, mountains, airports, etc.

The highway route number 73 is on Google map that matches to my screenshots

🙂.🙂...) blowing dust on the runway (snow dust here)...I do like such effects. Is that default FSX?

Snow blowing dust effect is by Photoshop editing but however, if you want this feature in your FSX, there is payware addon called something like Immersion that creates FSX generated snow blowing effects

🙂...🙂And, how do you fly the route, e.g. here (APE LLONG CIP CFB)...(without CDU, I think)? Create a manual route? [BTW, curious name "APE" for the first waypoint, for Johnstown (Ohio)...recall visiting that town a couple times...]

When I write waypoints, I use choice of three ways or methods. One is to write by myself.  The second method is to use waypoints generated by simbrief website.  Third method is to follow waypoints written by real life pilots that you can see on flightaware website.

Regarding this flight, I wrote the waypoints by myself.

Once again, thank you very much for your very kind words.

Regards,

Aharon

Edited by Aharon
  • Like 1

signCopy.jpg

Thanks, for the detailed responses, Aharon!

I'll now have to make sure I don't miss that Blue I-73 exit on the highway....🙂....

• Like 1