Sign in to follow this  
Daraious

Runway misaligned in fsx_urss.zip (SOCHI) file

Runway 6 misaligned in fsx_urss.zip (SOCHI) file.

I was looking for a more comprehensive (freeware) rendering of SOCHI's airport and came across this file "fsx_urss.zip" on AVSIM.

After installation the airport was significantly better than the default FSX (SE) one however when loading the airport selecting "active runway", the aircraft is not aligned on the centre line but slightly to the right of it.  Same thing with the ILS approach - it also slightly to the right of the centre line.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and found a fix for it?

This is the link for the file: https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=fsx_urss.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Thanks,
Daraious

Edited by Daraious

The ILS may have an "offset" to the centerline of the runway.  Now...are you making all of your passengers run out of the terminal building and chase the aircraft down the runway to get on?  Might be a good idea to start your flight at a gate.😉

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

11 hours ago, Daraious said:

I was looking for a more comprehensive (freeware) rendering of SOCHI's airport

A good freeware FSX version of Sochi is here: https://www.avsimrus.com/f/fsx-sceneries-83/urss-sochi-fsx-reload-v1-1-54530.html

Direct download link

P.S. This URSS, although made for FSX, works fine for me in P3D4.5, though without dynamic light. ILS for runways 06 and 02 are working fine.

URSS_P3D4.jpg

Edited by Nickbe
  • Like 1

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

If by "slightly" you mean a meter or two....no biggie.    If you mean 10 meters or more that's different.

If you have and know how to use ADE it's really easy to perfectly align them as you want.  I use it to redesign all my favorite airports from the ground up.   Especially re-aligning all taxiways to match satellite imagery.    I'm using Blender to create realistic copies of buildings like the new Customs Building at KFXE.  It's also fun to do.

Edited by KFXE