Sign in to follow this  
Trubshaw

Windows 10 rejects FSUIPC v 4.97

Hello. All

Have not been on the forum for some time, but now need some help.

Have been running Windows 10 and FSX for quite some time without any problems.

But the other day on start up, received a message saying not to use FSUIPC, with two options,

run or don’t run FSUIPC, So pressed run, this instantly shut down FSX, so tried don’t run, FSX continue to open

but no FSUIPC nothing showing in the FSX addon menu.  hence no Hardware working.

Once again Windows 10 has taken control of my computer and stopped me flying.

This is the most intrusive OS I have ever come across, it gives me the option to run FSUIPC but the just shuts down FSX.

I sure this problem others have had,  How do I get round this problem.

Many Thanks Alan

• Upvote 1

Hmmmm... FSX and FSUIPC installed in the default "C:\program files" folder perchance?

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hello

Yes FSX in C drive with FSUIPC in FSXs Modules Folder. Windows 10 has caused me problems before, but I reinstalled the latest FSUIPC  up come the two acceptance boxes so clicked run, and all was well again.

FSUIPC 4.974. SELF INSTALLED.

I run Windows 7 on one Pcie Nv drive and Windows 10 on the other Pcie drive , fantastic drives FSX is up and running by the time you count three.

If compared FPS and would say no difference between to two.

However I have been experimenting over 9 monitors. In 3 groups of AMD Eyefinity,   Ie one group per card. using a King Air 200 , Opening 4 virtual cockpits and 1 overhead Panel this giving me full front cockpit and view along each wing., 

Win 7  17 fps

Win 10   7 fps

Not sure why the deference as generally I find no difference.

will try again just to check it out.

However I like the full view it feel more like a real,plane.

Im running at 5.2 ghz on ADM HD 6970 cards getting 17 FPS , I can manage at 23 or 24 FPS  Does anybody think with new Nvidia card will give me an extra 6 or 7 FPS 

The Cpu is flat out, the drives are the fastest on the planet which only leaves me with new cards.

Trubshaw

Don't forget, W10 has a built-in game mode you might want to experiment with. It is in Settings.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Hello.Had a look at The Gaming in Settings W10  it was turned on , but looking at the boxes none were of any use in increasing performance.

I tried Properties, Compatibility mode which again made no difference.

FSX runs in Windows 10 and Windows 7 OK, Obviously it is under load with multi views on multi monitors and at the moment W7  on the other Pcie drive isis winning. , The drive are identical the settings are the same.

In the passed I’ve had spinning drives  , 7500, then the Raptors ar 10000

the SSD which is quicker but the PCIE are about 10 times faster at loading FSx as for running difficult to say if better but not outstanding as in the loading.phase.

i need about another 6 FPS I can manage smooth flight at say 23.steady.

Trubshaw.

Since you installed into the default C;\Program Files directory, it might be Windows security features preventing FSUIPC from running.   I install all such programs in another directory.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hello KFCI, I installed FSX in its own folder directly on Drive C,

The problem was resolved by installing FSUIPC V 9.74.then excepting W10 security messages.

But I have another problem, in W10 only in FSX the curser pointer keeps flashing with a little circle rotating, happen both in windowed or full screen.

Does not happen when loading a saved flight. But it is really effecting framerate.

i don’t know how to fix it.

lm thinking about wiping the FSX partition  and installing FSX Steam.

but it’s a lot of work reinstalling FSCIPC, GO FLIGHT ,CP FLIGHT ETE ETE.

I understand Steam is FSX with all mods and updates installed so should run better, but comes with no SKD packages, I like to see the Sim  connect window when loading as it shows what’s loading and stops if there’s a problem. Any body know how to fix my curser pointer.

Trubshaw