Sign in to follow this  
Soulflight

Recently got XP11 and need some recommendations

Hello everyone,

I recently had some spare money to spend and decided to give Xplane 11 a try. I already figured out how to install plugins and set it up pretty user-friendly. It actually has a higher FPS than my FSX setup with -of course- a lot better graphics, at least on the airplane side.

Especially the default 737-800 caused a massive wow-effect for me.

However I need some recommendations:

- Is there anything similar to fspassengers? I know there is a plugin for on-board sounds but I kind of miss the career setting, the purchase of aircraft as well as the degradation and damage simulation.

- Any good traffic addon to set up and go with it? Preferably freeware like WoAI.

- Any way to depict the sun in a more realistic way. It looks pretty flat IMHO and doesnt have any bloom effect on it. Also clouds dont seem to adapt their color with the setting sun like in reality and FSX.

- Is there any plugin similar to FS Water Configurator to improve the wave pattern of the water. Also coral textures are not mapped at all?

- I'd like to change the light sprite used for airport flood lights, since they are very star-like with too pronounced ray textures.

Thanks in advance. 😉

FSPax:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/554118-fspassengers-for-xplane/

Traffic:
The only free traffic tool is Live Traffic, but it is completely dependent on ADS-B data and therefor only features airliners. Only WorldTraffic ($30) features GA.

Sun/weather/water/waves/lights:
See the "utilities" section on X-Plane.org for some tweakable add-ons.

Generally, do not approach XP11 with a MSFS mindset. XP does currently not offer an equal weather, traffic/ATC and water experience, no matter how much add-ons and external tools you cram into it. By default, it's a pretty, but utterly lifeless and somewhat sterile aerodynamics simulator.

Edited by Bjoern
  • Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

XLife traffic I've been happier with. Live traffic will pop in and out on the runway and rarely will be shown taxing. 

The rest I will avidly agree with in xplane. 

Hmm, might try Xlife again. I was getting errors with this plugin. Worth trying again. Thanks for the reminder.

To original poster, it might be worth trying the Zibo Mod if you haven't already

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/138974-b737-800x-zibo-mod-info-installation-download-links/

and for older Iron, the 737-300 from IXEG https://ixeg.net/

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020