Sign in to follow this  
Patrick748

Assign PTT key on joystick

Hi,

Thanks for updating to V1.7!

I want to assign Push To Talk key on my joystick button, is there any way to assign PTT key on the joystick?

Thanks

Yes there is a way, but it's not user friendly....as there is not any window/dialogbox that allows you to set it directly from UGCX windows/menues.

You need to enter it by yourself in the "Ultimate Ground Crew.ini".

This file is located in:

C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Roaming\Ultimate Ground Crew\

You would need to check the "optional key assignments" manual, at the very end of the document. The "PPTKeystroke" entry can be assigned a keystroke combination (example: Ctrl+Shift+F5), or a joystick button (example: joystick:0:button:1) in that format. These formats follow the SimConnect format standard. So in the end you would see it like this:

PPTKeystroke=joystick:0:button:1

Once you finish editing the "Ultimate Ground Crew.ini" file you can save it, then restart Prepar3D or FSX to allow UGCX to get the changes, since the UGCX.ini file is read at P3D or FSX startup.

Note: You can edit the "Ultimate Ground Crew.ini" file using your Window's Notepad program

Cheers,

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82
  • Like 1

spacer.png

you can also assign a PTT button like CTRL T in the ini file, then assign that keystroke to something unused in the simulator like cowl flaps open for example then give it to a joystick assignment.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, gwplotts said:

you can also assign a PTT button like CTRL T in the ini file, then assign that keystroke to something unused in the simulator like cowl flaps open for example then give it to a joystick assignment.

Nice! Thats another valid method or way to do it! 😀

• Like 1

spacer.png

I dont get it to work with voice... have out this in on ini file: joystick:0:button:2 but nothing happend when im going to talk to the ground and no green bar is showing

Please read the manual 🙂

You can't use that syntax.

You need to use something like "M".

Then you can either use M on your keyboard, or assign M to your joystick button, usually through the registered version of FSUIPC.

4 hours ago, Xsocto19 said:

I dont get it to work with voice... have out this in on ini file: joystick:0:button:2 but nothing happend when im going to talk to the ground and no green bar is showing

Joystick button index start with 0 so if you want to assign button 2 you need to insert 1 

joystick:0:button:1 like this

also if you want to assign PTT on joystick hat switch you can insert joystick:0:POV:0

Edited by Patrick748

21 minutes ago, Patrick748 said:

Joystick button index start with 0 so if you want to assign button 2 you need to insert 1 

joystick:0:button:1 like this

also if you want to assign PTT on hat key you can insert joystick:0:POV:0

I'd have to double check with Manual, but I'm pretty sure the syntax is limited to this...

From the V1.7 manual:

Each of these custom key events must be assigned using the following rule (or syntax):

[Modifier(s)] + [Keyboard key] What is a "modifier"?

A modifier is either: Ctrl, Shift, or Alt, or (a combination of them).

A keyboard key is any letter: A, B, C, D....Z or F1, F2, F3..., F12.

The modifiers and key letters must be separated using a "+" (plus sign).

Using this syntax, you can assign keystroke combinations like these examples:

• OpenMainMenuKey=Ctrl+Shift+F1

• OpenCloseMapKey=Shift+K

• MapZoomInKey=Alt+F3

• MapZoomOutKey=Alt+T

• EngStartByHandsKey=Ctrl+B

19 minutes ago, byork said:

I'd have to double check with Manual, but I'm pretty sure the syntax is limited to this...

From the V1.7 manual:

Each of these custom key events must be assigned using the following rule (or syntax):

[Modifier(s)] + [Keyboard key] What is a "modifier"?

A modifier is either: Ctrl, Shift, or Alt, or (a combination of them).

A keyboard key is any letter: A, B, C, D....Z or F1, F2, F3..., F12.

The modifiers and key letters must be separated using a "+" (plus sign).

Using this syntax, you can assign keystroke combinations like these examples:

• OpenMainMenuKey=Ctrl+Shift+F1

• OpenCloseMapKey=Shift+K

• MapZoomInKey=Alt+F3

• MapZoomOutKey=Alt+T

• EngStartByHandsKey=Ctrl+B

I'm using PTT on joystick hat switch and it's working perfectly, in manual there are no description for using joystick buttons as custom key events.. that's why i started this topic 😀

Edited by Patrick748

46 minutes ago, Patrick748 said:

I'm using PTT on joystick hat switch and it's working perfectly, in manual there are no description for using joystick buttons as custom key events.. that's why i started this topic

Excellent!, yes!, that's a topic I forgot to write down, but yeah, you can use also joystick buttons, for any custom key event. The thing is that we need to create a key assignment window to allow it to be more easy for users.

spacer.png