Sign in to follow this  
Wilhelm Prytz

ON-OFF-ON switch for 737 overhead PNL

Hi! I´ve just bought 2 BBI-32s from Leo Bodnar and some toggle switches. I´ve got some ON-OFF-ON switches and I will use those switches for switches that has 3 positions, like the battery switch, which has 3 steps: OFF-BAT-ON. My problem is that I don´t know if I should refund all ON-OFF-ON switches and get the same amount of ON-ON-ON switches instead. Will the On-Off-On switch work for a switch like the battery switch and with FSUIPC5 and with the BBI-32?         This might be a simple question, but I´m a total beginner.

Wilhelm

There isn't many 3 position switches on the 737 overhead and the ones that are will be off-on-on or on-on-on types. The battery switch is not a 3 position switch its just a normal guarded on-off switch. Its easy to think its a 3 position switch but the BAT wording in the middle is just to tell you what switch it is. 

I'm not sure how FSUIPC works these days as I haven't had to use it for quite a few years but I would be inclined to change out the switches to the correct ones for the positions in the overhead. 

Hi Wilhelm,  The majority of the NGX overhead switches are on/off switches, a few of  the exceptions are : APU start  (off-on-mom on) , APU Gens (mom on-off-mom on), same for the L&R Gens.

Landing lights Extend/Retractable (DPDT) (on-on-off)  Windows heat test (ovht/pwr test) (mom on-off-mom on), L Pack , R Pack , Isolation Valve (off-on-on).

All my overhead switches are run through Leo Bodnar cards, using FSUIPC and the SDK events ID. A lot of the switch functions depend on how you use the parameters in FSUIPC as some are just not simply 1 for on and 0 for off.  It takes a bit of experimentation with 3 position switches to get the correct sequence for them to function in the right order. 

Cheers,

Neil

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue,