Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

new user: questions..

I purchased  ugcx today  and I'd have a few questions:

here I go:

1) after  I landed in eidw I asked to be towed to a gate. The software towed to a busy parking spot. Can't the software look for a free gate or something ? How do I know right after  I exit the runway if a parking spot/gate is free ? 

2)The software did not index the airports I think.Is it normal ?

3) I asked for a follow me car to a runway but I couldn't. Is it normal ?

Thanks

Hi,

1. I'm pretty sure it's checking for AI traffic to see if a gate is occupied.  I'll Manual correct me on that.
2. It should only index airports when you if it detects a change in your scenery.
3. I don't think we currently do follow me cars "to" the runway.  Only from the runway to the gate for now.

Cheers,

55 minutes ago, byork said:

Hi,

1. I'm pretty sure it's checking for AI traffic to see if a gate is occupied.  I'll Manual correct me on that.

Now the software doesn't do it. on top of  that Cars, tow trucks go through buildings. When those "tow-guys" disconnected the plane they went through the plane.

Hold on guys, I'm making a small tutorial with screenshots that will illustrate MindYerBeak's questions

Cheers

spacer.png

3 hours ago, MindYerBeak said:

3) I asked for a follow me car to a runway but I couldn't. Is it normal ?

UGCX's follow me, is only able to guide your plane to a parking spot.

3 hours ago, byork said:

2. It should only index airports when you if it detects a change in your scenery.

Exactly!, and only the first time you run UGCX in P3D/FSX

3 hours ago, byork said:

I'm pretty sure it's checking for AI traffic to see if a gate is occupied

Yes it checks the surrounding traffic (e.g. AI aircraft). (except for ground vehicles)

3 hours ago, MindYerBeak said:

1) after  I landed in eidw I asked to be towed to a gate. The software towed to a busy parking spot.

Check out this mini tutorial:

TSvSLq.png

Ensure that you make a brief stop for allow UGCX to load the detination airport's layout:

LSUh5r.png

Check out the airport's map, by going to UGCX's main menu, then "Options", then "Airport's Chart Viewer":

MOghLl.png

In case, UGCX has issues loading the destination airport, you can manually force it to load by going to "Options" in UGCX's Main menu then:

XxcdOc.png

Now you need to ensure that you have the following option enabled:

PsXCoH.png

TBBelM.png

Once you have saved the settings (this is a one time operation), you can then choose a ground service: Either, "Follow Me Car" or "Tow To Parking":

VILw7O.png

After that the UGCX airport's map window will appear:

5gV6I6.png

After you left-click (with your mouse) a parking spot (either brown or gray), you will be prompted as follows:

9ToUc5.png

After you hit "Yes" (Sí) button, the airport's map window will disappear and the ground crew will appear in front of your aircraft as shown below:

RAuoJa.png

6ygPsb.png

Hope that helps....

Cheers,

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

Manuel,

Thanks for the instructions. But. Before when I tested and I asked to be towed I did choose a *brown* dot but when I I got to the parking spot it was _taken_.busy just like  the other surrounding spots.Actually truck started honking for some reason.

Will it be possible  to get towed to the runway in the future ? Also  truck and people going through buildings  like ghosts 😉

I see, we could put an temporarily AI object there to reserve it so no other traffic takes it.

30 minutes ago, MindYerBeak said:

Will it be possible  to get towed to the runway in the future ?

Could be, we can analyze that option

31 minutes ago, MindYerBeak said:

Also  truck and people going through buildings  like ghosts

We could customize the parking for allow set custom location points so it doesnt go into inside the buildings. The problem is that our module is not able to "see" the terminal buildings

Cheers,

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82
update

spacer.png

Here you see what I mean. On the map the parking spot where the white ac is  was brown.but was taken. and tow thingy  was going to tow me  there...going through the plane

rR3mgRQ.jpg

Edited by MindYerBeak

We will place a ramp agent at destination parking to kinda "reserve" it so no other AI aircraft could take it before you arrive with the tug. This is being include as "last minute" to an update we will release shortly.

Edited by Manuel82
  • Like 1

spacer.png