Sign in to follow this  
hrings

737 NGX/737NGXu

Can anyone explain to me the differece between this 2.
Is it preferable to "upgrade" to NGXu

HenningR

NGX is good, but NGXu is better.

In more detail:

NGX is based on "old" code, NGXu has much more new innovative code solutions.

For both system and graphic wise, NGXu is much better.

NGX has reached its development end and won't see any improvements.

NGXu is going to be be supported for a long time and see more updates.

• Upvote 1

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Apart from what Roar said development wise, the NGXu includes things such as corrected cockpit geometry (makes a huge difference in the cockpit), PBR both inside and outside, split scimitar winglets, -900ER variant, FMC updates, much improved sounds, ...

See if you can find the announcement for the NGXu on the PMDG forums, there is a whole change log and features list.

I don't know what aircraft you fly, but as someone who only flies the 737, buying the NGXu to retire the NGX was a no brainer for me.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Think of it this way. NGXu is a completely new plane with code built from the ground up.The only thing it has in common with the NGX is it is made by PMDG. This is the reason NGXu is only available for P3D and not FSX, as PMDG is moving away from the 32 bit sim environment. NCXu will be released for MSFS 2020 as well.

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

I was a latecomer to the PMDG737 only buying in 15 months ago costing me around 73GBP. Looking at the specs for the NGXu I do not need some of the things I am paying for such as the EFB as I run Aivlasoft's EFB on a separate computer.

Looking through the list of changes the high res VC and PBR effects would be nice but am I, as a home sim pilot, really going to notice the improved flight model? The existing NG appears very good to me anyway.

I know this has been discussed to death but when you have companies like Hi-Fi offering generous discounts for Active Sky if you bought one of their earlier products the lack of any discount for existing customers does grate. I'm considered no more important or loyal than a new customer.

And until they announce their pricing policy for P3D v5 when I could be asked to pay another sum of money I shall keep my existing model which still looks very good on a UHD display.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

NGXu is a completely new aircraft built from the ground up for P3D V4x. 64bit only.  Waiting for P3D V5 test versions of this aircraft at this time.

NGX is done no more development or updates

NGX3 This will be built and released for MSFS 2020. Anyone who bought the NGXu before Dec31 2019 will get a $99.00 USD credit  towards this aircraft.

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB