Sign in to follow this  
Tomaz Drnovsek

Is voice control possible?

Would it be possible to somehow use RC4 with speech recognition voice control? The same way and alongside the FS2Crew products, since speech recognition is already set up and running. Is there any way to set this up?

I believe Multi Crew Experience offers voice integration with RC4 and/or the default ATC:

Q: Does MCE interface with Radar Contact or ProFlight Emulator ATC?

A: Starting from Version V2.0 you can interact with Radar Contact ATC as well as Pro Flight Emulator (PF3/PFE) ATC using speech recognition.

Matt King

7 hours ago, kingm56 said:

I believe Multi Crew Experience offers voice integration with RC4 and/or the default ATC:

Q: Does MCE interface with Radar Contact or ProFlight Emulator ATC?

A: Starting from Version V2.0 you can interact with Radar Contact ATC as well as Pro Flight Emulator (PF3/PFE) ATC using speech recognition.

I'm not familiar with MCE but from the description I don't think it's compatible with FS2Crew... or is it? 

I'm just looking for a solution to control just RC4 (besides FS2Crew) with voice control. I don't want any other functionalities like MCE provides. Or can MCE be configured so it just controls RC4 and nothing else?

3 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I'm not familiar with MCE but from the description I don't think it's compatible with FS2Crew... or is it? 

I'm just looking for a solution to control just RC4 (besides FS2Crew) with voice control. I don't want any other functionalities like MCE provides. Or can MCE be configured so it just controls RC4 and nothing else?

Yes, you can use it for ATC only if you wish. Disable all feature except "talk to ATC controllers".

Since you'd be pressing either DEL key or a specific joystick button as PTT in order to talk to ATC, use those same keys and button to mute Fs2crew.

Demo available here

For the sake of the Demo, I suggest you first start using it in its default settings, without using the other voice based app until you figure out how it works and get it going with RC4.

@Tomaz Drnovsek

...and I might add that MCE + Radar Contact works perfectly.

Richard.

• Like 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Forgot to mention, if you want co-pilot to handle RC4 ATC automatically, without having an intruder (third voice), be aware, currently 3 MCE recorded co-pilot voice packs have also recorded audio for RC4.

MCE co-pilot William. Installed by default. 

Copilots Stuart and Lorna must be downloaded and installed separately from this page as well

Then, Download these replacement audio files

Instructions included.

Go to Radar Contact co-pilot voice selection, then select "MCE William", "Stuart" (This one is part of the original RC4 installation)  or "MCE Lorna", depending on whom is currently your co-pilot under MCE voice selection.

Keep safe. Happy flying.

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1

I tried it and I bought it.

It works perfectly with Radar Contact 4. On the other hand, I have a slight issue with FS2Crew. For RC4 PTT commands I designated the yoke button, the same one I have designated for muting FS2Crew, so there's no conflict, when one is listening the other is muted, so it's good. But for the GSX part you have to talk to the mechanic. For this to work you have to enable Real cockpit crew coordination in MCE. This introduces a conflict between FS2Crew and MCE because both are listening all the time at the same time. So when I'm talking to FS2Crew, at the same time MCE copilot talks over all the time and does stuff and complains about stuff. I know I can mute MCE with a Mic button on the top right side of the MCE panel or I read about SPACE button to temporarily mute MCE but how can I assign a button to permanently mute MCE until unmuted? Can I assign joystick button to this Mic button? That's the only way to use both addons together, to just unmute MCE for the GSX part and keep it muted rest of the time (or until I want MCE copilot to do something FS2Crew can't do). I also looked for the way to just keep GSX part enabled in MCE but wasn't able to find such setting.

The other slight complain would be about copilot voice. I'm using MCE William and there's quite obvious there are two voices, one for general phrases and the other for generated speech. It's not even close. I followed the instructions and also installed Stuart but there is no Stuart in RC4, only William and Lorna. So I can't try that one to see if it's any better. But it's tolerable, you get used to it in a while.