Sign in to follow this  
por930

Update RXP GTN 750

I am in the process of updating my load of the GTN 750, and trying to determine the simplest solution. eg, update and all gauges are still in place.

My GTN 750  currently advises on first start, sw version 6.50.1 TRNG,  and reality xp 2.5.19..my Airac is 1803..

Today, I downloaded from my software supplier, F1, an updated load file, rxpGTN-750-FSIM.exe. It advises, rxpGtnSim.dll v2.5.23 and GTN Trainer v6.62.3

Will this update version include a newer Airac than 1803? and will the update require a full reinstall, which as I recall, was quite large.

Edited by RXP

Geoff Bryce

Hi,

The latest trainer is 6.63.3 (launcher 2.7.0.0) and includes DB cycle 1909. Expect roughly 3.5GB for the whole download.

NB: latest RXP GTN is no longer supporting trainer 6.50.x

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

@Jean-Luc Thanks Jean-Luc for reply. So, are you advising the update i have found on the F1 system ( rxpGTN-750-FSIM.exe) is the update I need,  and that it will be a full download...meaning I have to re-establish the GTN 750 gauges in all relevant aircraft? Do I have to uninstall everything prior to update?

Edited by RXP

Geoff Bryce

1 hour ago, por930 said:

@Jean-Luc Thanks Jean-Luc for reply. So, are you advising the update i have found on the Flight1 system ( rxpGTN-750-FSIM.exe) is the update I need,  and that it will be a full download...meaning I have to re-establish the GTN 750 gauges in all relevant aircraft? Do I have to uninstall everything prior to update?

Cannot match your references to the updates.  However given if you have found genuine RXP updates the references in the various aircraft's panel.cfg files (aircraft related panel folders), and the rxp related .ini files in those aircraft's primary folders should be unaffected by the updates.  The updates or installations do not overwrite those aircraft-specific files, and the references in those files should still be good.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

@fppilot  Thanks for the reply Frank. OK, I decided to use the links provided by Jean-Luc as could not work out where to find any later versions( GTN Trainer 6.62.3 with AIRAC 1909) on July 1 2019. and downloaded the 8 cab files as well as the three setup files. What order is the setup carried out? 

Databases.setup.msi

GTN.setup.msi

Launcher.setup.msi

Geoff Bryce

7 hours ago, por930 said:

Thanks for the reply Frank.

What order is the setup carried out? 

I am another user like you. 8 Cab files and 3 setup files?  That is a question I cannot answer.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

@fppilot@Jean-Luc Yeah, I guess obvious to some....I will have to have a play. My first guess:

Databases set up first to compile the database into one,

launcher setup to get the old database updated with the new version and then,

GTN setup.

You would think the provision of a simple txt file by authors would not take that much effort for dumb ones like me.

Geoff Bryce

I am not understanding what you have been attempting to accomplish.  Before you started this, what was not satisfying you, and what did you intend to accomplish?  Please do not again repeat steps you have taken.  Those are confusing me.  Just from a point where all seemed well to you, what then did you wish to change, and why.  Just that. No more.  Then as another user I can best understand.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Just running the RXP installer will prompt you to update to the latest trainer and download a small bootstrap installer, which further lets you choose which trainer components to install (this would be GTN + DB minimum, launcher optional). It then downloads and run what is necessary for you automatically.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

13 hours ago, fppilot said:

I am not understanding what you have been attempting to accomplish.  Before you started this, what was not satisfying you, and what did you intend to accomplish?  Please do not again repeat steps you have taken.  Those are confusing me.  Just from a point where all seemed well to you, what then did you wish to change, and why.  Just that. No more.  Then as another user I can best understand.

Hi Frank, as per my first post, I was trying to update the RXP GTN750 and the Trainer database. 

Looking on my system, after several attempts to repair/update, I have RXP and the Trainer in several places,,so a tad messy. 

I will remove all instances of RXP and try Jean-Luc's approach, with a totally clean install.

Again, thanks for assistance.

• Like 1

Geoff Bryce

I will remove all instances of RXP and try Jean-Luc's approach, with a totally clean install.

We're trying hard making our products self-aware and self-assisting so that you don't have to bother. You can see this with the in-sim live panel configuration and device settings, the number of options permitting cockpit integration, the automatic detection of some key settings per-aircraft (like fuel type, V speeds - for the TAWS - , etc...)

This assistance starts with our installers, worth it!

Thanks jean-Luc. I went into all aircraft config with RXP installed and rolled back all installs back to stock gauges and have uninstalled both garmin trainer and RXP. Now cleaning up the many references to RXP,  though maybe a reinstall will simply overwrite any references it finds. 

When I re-install RXP, I will have to use the F1 wrapper system. I am hoping it will load the latest trainer, being 6.63.3, launcher 2.7.0.0, and include DB cycle 1909.

ps. This was all started when I used an aircraft with RXP for the first time in over a year or so, and used little nav map to load a route into the RXP flight plan location, which it did. But RXP could not read it to display the import button( maybe because Little navmap is using Airac 2004 with more fixes) .so, I thought, lets update the trainer and RXP to exclude obvious issues, and go from there.

Edited by RXP

Geoff Bryce