Sign in to follow this  
flytriman

Panel Setup wont recognize new aircraft

Loaded new aircraft (MJ C-47 PBR) into P3D v4.5 HF2.  Panel Setup does not recognize the aircraft (does not show up on list).  Have run Indexer several times as well as restarting windows 10...no help.  So I manually put in the necessary text into the panel.cfg file.  When I load aircraft am able to pull of the VoxATC panel in the aircraft...it "initializes" as normal but then says "Startup failed, unknown FS aircraft type Douglas C-47 Finnair PBR" (see attached screen shot).  Found previous post somewhat like this advising to use the Panel Setup to delete panels from all aircraft...did that but new aircraft still does not show up and still get the error message.

Help Please.

Fatal Error.jpg

Garry Lundberg

it seems the first check is whether your new aircraft is installed in the sim's simobjects/airplanes folder, not as as an addon.xml which vox may not find.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

Thank you John...you led me to do some testing that finally got it working.  Yes the aircraft is in the P3D Add-ons folder...but so are many other aircraft that Vox does recognize.  So I started looking at what was different about this aircraft and the others.  Focused on the "add-on.xml".  As I compared what it had vs. the others, several things were vastly different.  So, I made a copy of the original and started changing the entries so the format and structure looked exactly like those in the other aircraft...wal-la...it worked.

So thanks for this lead...it got me looking in the right place.

Garry

• Upvote 1

Garry Lundberg