Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Just bought my v5.0.21 V5...because...

2 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

...resistance was FUTILE...

Da*n curious has always been my undoing...and I have to admit...and gladly...that the user screen shots look awesome...the world seems to have er, ah..'polish' on everything...and very clear, crisp rendering.  So...done like dinner. I have a 3440x1440 wide monitor, so not exactly 4K..and being that I fly mostly VFR and Civil Aircraft...I don't feel that I will be too much OOM deficit.

I plan to load in all my Orbx regions, airports, and hopefully the Orbx freeware seaplane bases are ready to go. So...this will be my Friday morning fun-fest.   I had so wanted v5 to be a success, and it probably will be so, by v5.3 or better.  Just so you folks know...as of today, it isn't version 5.0, but is v5.0.21.xxxxx so if that is not your installed version over the last couple of days...then they have already begun 'tuning'...

Wish me luck...and at least I am forewarned and armed about what some feel IS causing the OOM and CTD's.  I'll start with all settings low, will have the vRAM  indicator on...and keep raising the 'bar' until I either have it where I wish it to be for graphics...or I fire off my first OOM/CTD. From there...will merely back it off, until I run the highest for my system my GTX1070, and wait with everybody else, for the v5.'x's to come down the pipe.  I'll tell ya what, as I wait for the download to finish...I really believe the visual output truly is a notch or three above v4.5.  My personal opinion in play.  That's what truly pushed me 'over the wait and see'. 🙂

Ses

I knew you wouldn't resist for a long time 😉 ...

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I have Road Traffic set to 25 percent, but no cars are showing on any of the roads...zip...any suggestions?

1 hour ago, kurtb said:

yes, but the loading time gets worse and worse, after all my orbx it is taking about 5min😗

Same for me but this is still only about 1/3 the time it takes in v4.5 for me, so I am happyI am still having some other issues but I will sort them out over time..

Rick

With HDR on...I have artifact blocks on the right hand of my Ultra Wide. If I turn that feature off...the artifacts disappear.  Anybody else see this?  I am using the latest nVidia driver.  Post Edit:  This is only with un-windowed mode.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Downloading but I'm gonna wait for a while.  My P3D v4.5 without HF3 working fine now.  Patience grasshopper.....

Duane Buck

6 minutes ago, webranger said:

Downloading but I'm gonna wait for a while.  My P3D v4.5 without HF3 working fine now.  Patience grasshopper.....

Seriously...have fun.....you should get right into it...I have a 7 year old system...a moderate GTX1070 card...and am keeping a locked 30 FPS...and the plane?  No more on rails. I'm quite frankly really impressed!  Just to see...I cranked EVERYTHING to on...and as 'large' a feature load out, and 'overhead footprint' as I could get each feature.  The result?  With a virgin install, nothing 3rP added and a default plane...about 3.2 GB vRAM out of what shows as 6.7 GB's of my 8 GB card. I an now in the process of loading up my entire (what's available for v5 right now) Orbx allotment.   Back to the plane...this is NOT your v4.5...no sir...smooth as silk at a locked 30 FPS...but responsive?   Holy cow...is it!  You merely think you might want to move any axis of your flight yoke...and you could be in the drink...or at stall, before you knew what was happening.  Very...very...responsive to the flight stick!   Yep...I'm having an exploratory blast with v5.0 so far...

Edited by Sesquashtoo

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

I knew you'd crack!

Let me know how it goes. I'd rather wait to SP1 so that the vRAM issues are addressed. Now I live vicariously through you. 😃

No kidding around as I am wont to do...Jose...what a blast...I don't have one performance criticism to date.   I do have some right hand artifact blocks when HDR is set to on, in non-windowed mode...but I just switched to the latest nVidia driver suite...so I wonder about that....  Before I started to load in anything 3rdP...I turned everything on...to the highest level...every feature...every sub-box...and wanted to see the MAX load overhead on my GTX1070 8GB.  Very...impressed...at least on my system and monitor (not a 4K)...I only consumed 3.7 out of 6.7 GB's allowed. So, I don't imagine that I will OOM at any time, even with my Orbx 'junk' installed. I will let you know...as I am right now sucking back a beer and doing just that...the install dance. It is much faster..as Central 4 is finding and using my v4.5 Orbx installation.  Very fast...in fact...no complaints on any front.  I'm totally glad I jumped in right now...as I am 'getting into it...' 🙂

I knew you'd crack!

Let me know how it goes. I'd rather wait to SP1 so that the vRAM issues are addressed. Now I live vicariously through you. 😃

double post

Edited by Sesquashtoo

I knew you'd crack!

double post

Edited by Sesquashtoo