Sign in to follow this  
MBY298

Need help with P3D v5

Hi all,

I have a problem with the display of Cockpit view. As soon I change for example to spot I get a double display..Alighter coloured one within the main display

It is like there is a second display

Any ideas as I cannot find it

Display via Matrox Triplehead2go

Edited by MBY298
trying to insert picture

It looks like you open a extra view? Maybe a key is mapped somewhere to open a extra window, check the controls in the menu

Pieter you need to give some more details. I haven't used my Matrox in must be all of 5 or 6 years since we have had GPUs that didn't need them.Not getting a key clash somewhere?

My biggest problems with the Mth2Go was always drivers even in windows 7 I did get it running fine eventually. Their latest driver for the digital version (W10) I think goes back to 2016 so may have some compatibility issues there, with it and DX12.

Hopefully somebody with v5 has got it driving 3 screens in W10 and will chime in.

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

11 hours ago, Uteman said:

Hopefully somebody with v5 has got it driving 3 screens in W10 and will chime in.

Don't have THTGo, so can't solve this problem, except to ask why anyone wants the added complexity of THTGo when it's so easy to drive 3 monitors using P3D's native Viewgroups?

On 4/27/2020 at 4:12 AM, Nobody2020 said:

Don't have THTGo, so can't solve this problem, except to ask why anyone wants the added complexity of THTGo when it's so easy to drive 3 monitors using P3D's native Viewgroups?

My past experience suggests that THTGo works well with plenty of other programs alongside P3D. I agree however the modern GPUs have largely made it redundant (for those who can afford a modern GPU).

I am also guessing the OP has fixed his problem.

Cheers

Edited by Uteman

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

On 4/27/2020 at 9:50 PM, Uteman said:

I agree however the modern GPUs have largely made it redundant (for those who can afford a modern GPU).

IMO, it's nearly a given that anyone aspiring to successfully run the current crop of flight sims is doing it with a "modern GPU".  Legacy GPUs aren't up to the task.

Hi all,

Thank you all for you're reactions. Found the problem. after updating the Envshade it is gone.

Pieter Veelo