Sign in to follow this  
JPR

GTN 750/X-Plane and flight plan

Hello 🙂
1 - Using X-Plane and the GTN 750, where are archived in my hard drive the flight plans that are introduced into the GTN 750 from X-Plane ? (not the ones we can import)
2 - If I enter a flight plan from the GTN 750 trainer (flight planning), how do I retrieve (or import) it into the GTN 750 used with X-Plane?

*** Jean-Pierre *** (french user)

X-Plane v12.0.9-rc5 - Windows 10 Pro // Laptop MSI GS75 Stealth dual screens ; RAM : 32 Go DDR4 @ 3200 MHz ; CPU: I9-10980HK @ 5.3 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super - VRAM 8 Go  ; 1 disk SSD : 2 To // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Saitek Throttle Quadrant + rudder pedals MFG Crosswing // TrackIR_5

Jean-Pierre,
If it is like FSX those flight plans are actually saved by the Garmin GTN Trainer.  They are in files named sys_nandx, where x is a letter from a to about f.  Mine for the Garmin Trainer are in C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\nonvol\.  Your RXP GTN User's Manual mentions those files and provides info on which file relates to which GTN gauge.  That manual will be listed under RXP in your Windows Start Menu.

The sys_nandx files are a propriety Garmin file spec.  I find I can do nothing I can do with them other than make copies for backup purposes.  If you wish to duplicate saved flight plans from one to the other of your two gauges per model (ex. 750_1 and 750_2) all you can do is identify which file goes to which gauge and then copy the one you want to copy to replace the one you want to replace.  I believe those files store other user configured settings that are specific to the Garmin Trainer itself. They are global, meaning they are not aircraft specific. 

Your RXP settings are saved elsewhere and the RXP settings are aircraft model specific..

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thank you fppilot 🙂

Ok, so there is no possibility to copy/modify or transfer a flight plan. The only possibility is to enter a flight plan only via the X-Plane GTN 750.

It is not possible to export a flight plan outside the GTN 750.

X-Plane v12.0.9-rc5 - Windows 10 Pro // Laptop MSI GS75 Stealth dual screens ; RAM : 32 Go DDR4 @ 3200 MHz ; CPU: I9-10980HK @ 5.3 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super - VRAM 8 Go  ; 1 disk SSD : 2 To // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Saitek Throttle Quadrant + rudder pedals MFG Crosswing // TrackIR_5

Hi,

• It is possible to import flight plans and user waypoints.
  • It is possible to also export the active route as a X-Plane native .fms file (automatically)
  • It is possible to archive entire banks of device embedded memory (non volatile memory files)
  • It is not possible to individually extract a single route stored in the device route catalogue with the GTN, but it is possible with the GNS V2.

If you need to do this often, I'd suggest you almost exclusively plan your route and save them in the flight plan import format (.gfp - see User's Manual for more info).

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you RXP for this answer 🙂