Sign in to follow this  
Claviateur

A nice summary of the infrastructure types in MSFS

Here is a comparision between OSM, Bing and Google footprint for that "Palace" location in Bangkok. If we remove the isometric 3D effect from the Bing footprints, they are very similar. Goole being very different...

Also, these long footprints generated as long buildings in MSFS screenshot, seem to be a low traditional white fence for the Palace as far as I could see in Google Street view. 

q73KSBe.jpg

• Like 2

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

Having authentic roof colours makes such a difference. I’ve always found it slightly annoying when autogen buildings stand out, which is often the case in the other sims. Now they‘re more varied and blend in with the scenery. 

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

6 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Having authentic roof colours makes such a difference. I’ve always found it slightly annoying when autogen buildings stand out, which is often the case in the other sims. Now they‘re more varied and blend in with the scenery. 

Yes, otherwise it would be based on regional architecture therefore procedural and almost random...

Now I think about it, and just as a theory that is running in my head 🙂  if the AI did scan the roof colors without validating the area where the color fits, therefore the footprint shape, it probably scanned only a specific group of pixels to validate the color for a specific coordinates. Now the coordinates are logically the middle point of a known footprint. Because there should be an association between a footprint and its roof color.

But in any case, if they scanned and with xyz deep or machine learning process the roof colors were detected and before or after were associated with the footprints coordinates or areas, then yes the datas could be used together in the scenery generation...

• Like 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998