Sign in to follow this  
onetoavi8

CYQQ and CYYJ Don Grovestine Sceneries

Both of these scenery worked fine in P3d v5 (and still work in v4.5) but since doing a clean install with the v5 hotfix my sim stops loading at 5% trying to load a default a/c at CYQQ (even flying towards it, at about 10 miles the sim freezes), and at CYYJ it will take 3+ minutes to get past 5% but then at 74% (creating world-wide weather) the sim also crashes. I have no problems with any other add-on scenery in my collection!

Has anyone else come across this problem with these scenery or had a similar problem and if so what is the cure?...I have tried numerous approaches to try and fix this but all I have concluded is that the problem lies with P3d v5 hf1.

Regards Russ.

Russell Shaw

Hi. Yes I have the same problem. I just installed P3D v5, so I'm assuming the fix was included in that build. I downloaded Don's cyyj and the updated installer.  I got warnings about multiple files with the name "strobe" . then I set the sim to start at cyyj gate 10 ( I won't talk about payware aircraft not being compatible as advertised) anyways, the sim did exactly as yours and then stopped responding at 74% and had to be closed. My hat is off to FSDT and ORBX since their products seem to be compatible without incidence. Sorry I have no solution, but misery loves company. FYI the CYYJ scenery was the longest loading scenery in FSX too, for me anyways.

Although I live on Vancouver Island, I have reluctantly uninstalled Don's sceneries..  CYYJ in Orbx PNW is not as good, but it does not cause problems either..

Bert

18 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Although I live on Vancouver Island, I have reluctantly uninstalled Don's sceneries..  CYYJ in Orbx PNW is not as good, but it does not cause problems either..

It works fine for me in fsx, but I've had no joy in getting it to run in P3D v5, so I too have uninstalled it for now. Don tried to give me help, which was really grat of him, but no luck. Maybe in the future...

• Like 1

So far, I've tried the following in order to  install CYYJ in P3d V5:

1) Full install in compatibility mode for ORBX PNW and P3d v5 with all custom files enabled- multiple warnings from AFLT- sim stalls at 74% loading

2) Partial install in Compatibility mode for ORBX PNW and P3D v5 with stock lighting instead, but AI and static aircraft still enabled- multiple warnings from AFLT- sim stalls at 74% loading

3) Partial install with just ORBX compatibility and P3Dv5 no AI or static aircraft and stock lighting only- no warnings but sim still stalls at 74% loading

4) Disabled ORBX PNW scenery and did partial install as above for P3dv5, no extras or compatibility for ORBX enabled- no warnings but sim still stalls at 74% loading.

5) Manual install of just the relevant files, no ORBX PNW and enabled CYYJ through scenery library- sim still stalls at 74% loading.

I AM STUMPED. Now I'm good at building computers and trouble shooting hardware, but the following is not my forte: this is what Windows identified as the problem:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    Prepar3D.exe
Application Version:    5.0.24.34874
Application Timestamp:    5eab3677
Fault Module Name:    KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version:    10.0.18362.815
Fault Module Timestamp:    b89efff3
Exception Code:    c0020001
Exception Offset:    000000000003a799
OS Version:    10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:    4105
Additional Information 1:    f250
Additional Information 2:    f250b6f844b895bd26f6fc5911f907eb
Additional Information 3:    0834
Additional Information 4:    0834851f5ed4fe171a3381a55f863a8a

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    4494e9dfd3b7a8cf554afbd66528c803 (1534315521311819779)

It is vexing because  many if not most are having no problems running this scenery- I'm trying to establish what , if anything, those of us having issues with CYYJ in P3D v5 have in common. I should also point out that Don was kind enough to give me some help, but it's difficult, because it runs fine for him.

Edited by Boeingnut

Did you guys contact Don?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

13 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Did you guys contact Don?

Yes. He was as helpful as he could be, but as I said, the scenery works for him, without issue. I have no idea where the conflict could be.

I would be curious to hear from users who have installed this scenery successfully in P3D v5 and know what other addons, if any you are using, if the version of P3D v5 has been patched with the hot fix and if there was any thing, no matter how seemingly insignificant, that you did when installing this scenery. Thanks

CYYJ Success!!. I used a previous installer for P3d v1 (because I had saved it in a BC scenery folder for fsx) and just directed it to P3d v5 instead. It won't update the scenery library automatically or the scenery.cfg, but it is easy to add as per the usual method.