Sign in to follow this  
alvaro533

FlightLineT and N working in W10 but not JetLine 2&4

Good morning.

Time ago, in 2004-2006 I bought 8 of your products. Most of them I have been using until today in my old WinXP computer. I didn’t change the computer before because I have a home-made cockpit with many things. Now I have a new computer with windows 10. I want to keep FS9 and I am buying X-Plane and Prepar3D also. In FS9 I have been able to install this, using my keys and password:

RealityXP - Flight Line T
RealityXP - Flight Line Nav

Now I would like to install

RealityXP - Jet Line 2
RealityXP - Jet Line 4

Using the Flight1 wrapper I get an error saying that the program could not connect to the servers. Flight1 has told me to contact RealityXP.

Is it possible o install those products in Windows 10? If not, can you send me the products without copy protection? As I said before LineT and LineN work perfectly in Windows 10 and they are from the same year of the other two. I have those gauges in a cockpit I made similar to the plane I fly in real world.

Thank you and regards.

How did you get LineT & N working in Win 10? I used them in FSX but when I went to Win10 I lost all functionality, and I think it was stated they wouldn't work. The ADF was the best rendition of an ADF I have ever seen is FS, especially its modelling of ADF dip. I miss these gauges.

• Like 1

David Porrett

@alvaro533 Hi, I thank you for long time use of our products, this tells us a lot both about the quality of our offering and the loyalty of our customers!

Unfortunately, the JL2/4 was only designed and sold for FS9/WinXP using a very old wrapper. The FLT/N are more recent, compatible with FSX and sold for Win7/XP. This explains why they might be running in Win10. 

I'd like to know how you did install the in Win10 by the way, because although not supported, this might help other customers having the same question.

@DavidP I thank you for your kind words! We're very much like reintroducing these gauges but the sim world is really different nowadays. These gauges were designed at a time 2D panel was the norm and 3D panel were having much lower frame rates. The former were limited by the FS SDK limited graphics standards (the same in P3D5 by the way...) and the latter was only useful with true 3D gauges (3D needles, we all remember the SF360 a first of its kind at the time).

FLT/N introduced ultra smooth and fine graphics in the 2D panel with a large choice of configuration (various types of each gauges). In addition, they were designed with the same high level of authenticity as their real world counterpart. For the ADF for example, not only there was ADF dip, but also sensitivy to the surrounding lighting strikes! Yes really, the lighting strikes in FS!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

22 minutes ago, RXP said:

@DavidP I thank you for your kind words! We're very much like reintroducing these gauges but the sim world is really different nowadays. These gauges were designed at a time 2D panel was the norm and 3D panel were having much lower frame rates. The former were limited by the FS SDK limited graphics standards (the same in P3D5 by the way...) and the latter was only useful with true 3D gauges (3D needles, we all remember the SF360 a first of its kind at the time).

FLT/N introduced ultra smooth and fine graphics in the 2D panel with a large choice of configuration (various types of each gauges). In addition, they were designed with the same high level of authenticity as their real world counterpart. For the ADF for example, not only there was ADF dip, but also sensitivy to the surrounding lighting strikes! Yes really, the lighting strikes in FS!

Thanks J-L. I understand fully, but missing an old friend is hard sometimes. I'm an IFR instructor and sadly these days have to resort to other alternatives that just aren't quite there. That's life though!

David Porrett

Would love to see development of Garmin G5 and G275 and other state of the art gauges that I now see prolific Youtube pilots installing and showing in their flight videos.  Great example is 310 Pilot https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcBTQfcjYcSkYvO4kXM5-Bg  Check out the Avionics Geek Out video at his Youtube page.  He did a better overview of the G5 during one of his videos but I cannot identify it by the video titles.  The G5 is quite a nice multi function gauge.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

21 minutes ago, fppilot said:

The G5 is quite a nice multi function gauge.

I have one as a standby AH in my Mooney, and have flown several times in aircraft using them as primary instruments. Very nice bit of kit they are.

David Porrett

Hi 

Hi Jean-Luc and DavidP

Thank you for your answer. This is how I installed LineT and N in W10 Home 64bits

I downloaded the installer “_RXPFLN.exe” and “_RXPFLT.exe” from the link in Fligth1.com + account + view your orders

I rightclicked the file + properties + compatibility and I set it to “Windows XP service pack 2”

I executed the installer. It prompts for the file “yourname-rexpflnav.key”. You have to navigate to it in you hard drive and point to that file. Then it asks for the last 4 digits of the credit card you used for that purchase, I was lucky to have it written down.

That’s all. Doing the same with Jline 2& 4 you get an error of connection with the server to validate the password. The problem is with the copy protection software, not with the gauge itself.

Jean-Luc, can you try the gauge without copy protection in windows 10, FS9? If not, can you send it to me with a different protection or without protection. You have my word the files won’t leave my house.

I am a Flight Instructor in real world. Here’s a picture of the plane I fly and the panel I made for FS9, now running in win10. I use it to train IR.

Thank you for your great products.

Regards,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lZmBmitsg56KLFNlpcltPwUPDF_pDRLa/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XZMRXpvHSLXQISm4wFxstmYUlOVqOOP6/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lhDmhFbTZZ0QFDmusbHrnfxdtDOS35uX/view?usp=sharing

35 minutes ago, alvaro533 said:

Jean-Luc, can you try the gauge without copy protection in windows 10, FS9? If not, can you send it to me with a different protection or without protection. You have my word the files won’t leave my house.

I'd love to but this is impossible unfortunately.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)