Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Is there no way to disable Win 10 updating itself?

Withdrawing software “support” is not necessarily the same as saying it will cease to work. For example, I have a Dual Boot System and Oculus is installed and working under Win 7 and Win 10. The Oculus Home window running in Win 7 has a permanent red banner at the top advising me that the Oculus software is no longer receiving support. Nevertheless it continues to update the core software and drivers without any reported errors or issues noted in the VR games installed. Yes, it’s  likely I am being denied various new Win10-specific features but, as long as things continue working under Win 7 as before, who cares, certainly not me 😀

Withdrawing support simply means that the developer will not waste time or effort talking to you about anything running under Win 7 as they have now moved on. So be it. 

Mike

• Like 1