Sign in to follow this  
Endeavouring

Remarks in flightplan

Hello everyone! I've got a question about remarks in flightplans. I use https://edi-gla.co.uk/ as a source of real world flightplans. I can't understand some remarks.

PBN/A1B1D1O1S2 NAV/RNP2 COM/TCAS DOF/200420 REG/EIEFY EET/LECM0027 LFFF0100 EGTT0149 CODE/4CA7B4 OPR/RYR PER/C RVR/200 RMK/CONTACT XXXXXXXXXX TCAS

I'm interested in the following remarks:

COM/TCAS

RMK/CONTACT XXXXXXXXXX TCAS

CODE/4CA7B4

PS: I know what TCAS is 🙂 I just wanted to know the purpose of these remarks. Thank you for the help!

Edited by Endeavouring

Vladyslav Kostiukov

On 5/7/2020 at 5:04 PM, Endeavouring said:

PS: I know what TCAS is 🙂 I just wanted to know the purpose of these remarks

I was a little confused by what I was looking at at first, because Im used to the icao form

https://files.eurofpl.eu/originalfpl/pdfs/EuroFPL-ICAO_Flightplan_Form_Basics-latest.pdf

whereas what it looks like there is a full form encoded.

Im not aware of the format being used but I can take a stab of one to the other.

com/tcas likely means the aircraft is equiped with a VHF radio and TCAS 

contact will be the contact details of the person that filed the plan - so atc can call them if there are changes or something wrong.

Not sure what that code is - probably some format holding the rest of the flight details not elsewhere - eg EIEFY is a ryanair 737-8, so possibly the scheduled flight identifier. - its the adsb transponder code.

You seem like youve put a lot of effort already into understanding these, please could you have a look over

And see how it compares with what you have seen in these plans.

For example, I think that "rvr 200" means this flight can land with a runway visual range of 200 feet or above, this isnt something I considered, I think some info on reasons to redirect and when to fall over to alternate airports is probably necessary.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer