Sign in to follow this  
Atlas

Wrong TOD calculation?

TpidSnj.jpg

I'm just starting out with using P2A and did a flight from UKLI to LIPZ.  For some reason, P2A put my TOD as you can see in the screenshot and when I got to that point, it asked me to descend to 5000ft.  Is this a bug or have I entered something wrong somewhere?

Thanks!

The RNAV approach has a restriction at 5000 ft, so you were cleared to 5000 ft.

As you approach the RNAV, you would get further clearances.

Dave

Hi Dave!

The TOD is at or around MALBE which is around 104+ minutes or 520nm away from the RNAV (ERSAB).  You can also see from the screenshot TOD to Dest listed at 570.5nm.  That's a big distance to be covering at 5,000ft altitude!  When I passed MALBE, it asked me to descend to 5,000ft so I just said yes and then requested back up to FL280.

Edited by Atlas

Ahh.  I was looking at the flight backwards.

Since you've already landed in the screenshot, it's hard to tell how this could have happened.  Obviously it was way too early.  If this happens again, please email me the P2A log file and I'll have a look.

Dave

Sorry, I took the screenshot after the flight but I thought the flightplan would show the TOD being too early.  This was just my last flight, would sending a log now help?

I tried entering the flight plan again and got very strange results.  If cruise altitude is below FL260, then the TOD seems correct.  When I first checked it I had FL220.   But when I set it to 260 or above, it jumped back to where it was for you.

I will investigate and get it fixed for the next update.

Thanks,

Dave