Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

XP11b9 Superb Performance

Yes, running fine so far with my X-Europe Scenery which is quite demanding. Hoping to conduct longer flights this weekend. The Laminar guys are great, they not only are inventive, they are also open about their development, they can acknowledge if they screw something up and they usually fix it quickly. I like this team. 

Hans

9 hours ago, hjsmuc said:

Yes, running fine so far with my X-Europe Scenery which is quite demanding. Hoping to conduct longer flights this weekend. The Laminar guys are great, they not only are inventive, they are also open about their development, they can acknowledge if they screw something up and they usually fix it quickly. I like this team. 

This is by far the best B rendition of XP11.50 in my opinion.  As soon as I plunked myself down at Orbx Southern California KSAN,  my FPS with the sim graphically opened up, was over 30, and in flight around KSAN, from the ocean front, headed out as in these shots here, to do some 'golfing' at Palm Springs...I was in places near 50 FPS!  Very fast and sharp terrain rendering, where by around B4, it had started to bork up. That has been fixed in spades! Really enjoying XP11.50 now.  I take off from KSAN, and head up to a landing at KORS, with Orbx T.E. the entire way under the wing. Pretty fabulous stuff...:)

4 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

This is by far the best B rendition of XP11.50 in my opinion.  As soon as I plunked myself down at Orbx Southern California KSAN,  my FPS with the sim graphically opened up, was over 30, and in flight around KSAN, from the ocean front, headed out as in these shots here, to do some 'golfing' at Palm Springs...I was in places near 50 FPS!  Very fast and sharp terrain rendering, where by around B4, it had started to bork up. That has been fixed in spades! Really enjoying XP11.50 now.  I take off from KSAN, and head up to a landing at KORS, with Orbx T.E. the entire way under the wing. Pretty fabulous stuff...:)

I Mitch,

Can you please check how your fps are doing at TE FL Tampa City and at KMIA looking at the city. My FPS has dropped significantly with B9 and it has been confirmed by someone else at the xp.org beta forum. I was able to run with textures & complexity at max and even at 8sAA and still have a beautiful smooth sim with fps from 25-35 with Beta 1. Can you PLEASE verify for me? 

It does look like they are finally fixing the blurry photo ground textures because the textures are now sharper than before, but when I go into the menu and change the settings when I come back to the sim the textures are a blurry mess. That's a bug that still needs to be addressed.

Thanks Buddy!

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.