Sign in to follow this  
Atlas

COM2 and the TBM 900

I wonder if anyone else has the TBM 900 and can make radio calls from COM2?  I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong with my settings or if this is not possible at all with this aircraft?  Thanks!

Just be sure that P2A is set to Com2 when you set the aircraft to Com2 and it should work.  Some aircraft don't signal Com Channel changes so you may need to change it in P2A manually.

Dave

So it is possible to use COM2 in the TBM?  That's great to know!  Is it just changing to COM2 that's an issue?  Or will I need to change P2A to COM1 as well when I switch to COM1 in the TBM?

I don't suppose there's a COM change switch in P2A that I can bind to a key or button or callback?  If not, would it be possible to request this as some sort of workaround?  Thanks!

If the TBM does not have a Com Channel switch, then you won't be able to use Com2.  I assumed it had 2 Com Channels.  

Dave

What do you mean?  It has the G1000 and switching between COM1 and COM2 is done by pressing the COM dial on the PFD

Then, what happens in P2A when you change to Com2?

Does the Com2 light come on and the Com1 light go out?  IF so, then you should be able to use Com2.  If not, then make the change to Com2 in P2A directly, and you should then be able to use it. 

Dave