Sign in to follow this  
SorensenDK

Good Framerates - major stutters / pauses

On 6/23/2020 at 7:13 AM, CaptKornDog said:

I'm curious what the following "items tuned" consist of from that link:

You'll find the prepar3d.cfg used for the flight in the thread (in a spoiler), it does have selected comments within and there is further config discussion in the thread itself.

The shaders customisation consist of hand edit to PrecipParticle.fx for rain and snow.

//Control how long streaks face and how big they are.
    float height = cb_fQuadSize * cb_fQuadSizeHeightScale / (2.4 - (cb_uPrecipType * 1.65));
    float width = cb_fQuadSize * cb_fQuadSizeWidthScale / (1.0 - (cb_uPrecipType * 0.25));

Active Sky Next changes are just running through the config options and setting to what I liked the look of, i.e. try and max it out then back off till performance is the desired.

Rex Direct Texures changes are using lower resolutions for clouds (2048 and 1024) and DXT5 textures for same (Plus a whole lot of theme building based on what I liked).

And the NVidia inspector config export can be also found in the thread, you'll need to log into Orbx for that though.

The goal was to configure for max settings while still remaining in VSync on a GPU challanging flight, be that just around 11S... Lots of trialling given @ 30 Hz a 10% increase or loss is just 3 FPS.

I note in the latest driver from NVidia (I'm running 446.14 atm) the Silk Smoothness option has been removed and it's noticable for myself at least.

I might end up rolling back to earlier version driver given I'll be sticking with P3D v4.5 till at least the beginning of next year and apart from loosing the Slik Smoothness option I've not seen any real difference in performances with driver changes of late.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D