Sign in to follow this  
Guest Len

FSX 1680x1050 32 WS!

>How can that look shown in Randy's screenshots help reinforce>the illusion of flight? When you fly for real it looks nothing>like that- you see things on the ground. Maybe it's because when you fly for real the world doesn't move at 15 or 20FPS? :(Marco

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

Hi all; my question is: how does Randy get a 1680 x 1050 screenie (6.891 MB) down to a size which is postable on Avsim? .I do have a new, "warm" system, with a 21" Gateway monitor, and am getting - with some of the talked about mods - between 28 - 32 fps. I now have probably 40-odd shots of SanDiego, clear or with weather and wet runways, which are as real and life-like as the real thing. I get HUNDREDS of buildings. I looked into posting shots at home last night. Avsim's size limit/requirement is 150KBs. How on earth do I get a 6M shot down to 150K without losing all the detail? Thanks,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest Revraz

Save it as a .jpg, not a .bmp.>Hi all; my question is: how does Randy get a 1680 x 1050>screenie (6.891 MB) down to a size which is postable on Avsim?

Thanks Revraz; Good reduction, but it's still 288KB.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

>Maybe it's because when you fly for real the world doesn't>move at 15 or 20FPS? :(>Whatever.... :-hah But I am running FSX around 30 fps which is very smooth, and auto-gen off. Those photo-texture cities just look much more realistic without auto-gen, along with additional boost in frame rates.The thing is, I can switch back to FS9 anytime I want to. The more I use FSX, I just don't want to fly FS9 much. FSX just seems to convey the feel of flight a few notches higher than FS9, and I still prefer the majority of FSX textures.BTW, looks like I'll just have to get back into the screenshot business again. I've seen a whole lot better representations of FSX, than what I'm seeing here.L.Adamson