Sign in to follow this  
TheRealThing89

Active Sky P3D V4 outdated runways

I was doing a flight into Keflavik in Iceland yesterday and i looked up the weather for approach and it said the Active Runway was 28 but Keflavik doesn't have a runway 289 instead it has Runway 28, how can i update the runway database in  Active Sky P3D V4? I am using build 7410 in Active Sky with the latest Navigraph data (current cycle 206)

Edited by TheRealThing89

Post doesn't make any sense, please edit it.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Just now, pgde said:

Post doesn't make any sense, please edit it.

LOL!

I agree, but I'm sure we know what the issue is.

So, FSX was released in 2006 and the airport runway information hails from before that time.  Many people in flight sim use NavDataPro (Aerosoft), Navigraph, or other software to update their aircraft(s) navigation data, and naturally that includes runway information (as it must).  Due to changes in Magnetic North (which affects compasses), runways have been updated at real world airports and the updated Navigation data most of us use reflects that, but that doesn't change the airport data in the sim.  P3D uses airport information from FSX.

Also, there have been changes to real world taxi ways, changes and additions to terminals and other airport buildings, etc., which are not reflected in default airports.

It's usually not too much of a problem, instead of Runway 28 just use the Runway 29 (or whatever it is).  But if you wish to fix this there are a few alternatives.

1. Use the freeware tool Airport Design Editor (Google it) and edit the runway headings.

2. Search for an updated AFCAD (airport file, such as the one that Airport Design Editors, also known as ADE, edits/creates.

3. If you use that airport regularly see if there is a payware airport made for it.   You'll never regret using payware airports, it's what I use exclusively.

4. There is a product that I don't recommend which will change all your airports at once, but I've seen it cause problems so I won't bother telling you what it is.

I hope this has been helpful.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

ADE is the way to go if not using addon airports.

I spend alot of time flying around repairing airports.

I just got done repairing the approaches in BIKF from Orbx because they were referencing the old runway designators and not showing up correct in ATC.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png