Sign in to follow this  
Klazz

GTN750 GS not working in TBM850 (Carenado)

Good Day Friends,

So I switched over from F1GTN750 a few days ago. I for the life of me cannot get the TBM850 to display the GS indicator at the inside right of the altitude angle nor will the TBM850 capture the GS either. This was not a problem with the F1 version. I have seen some similar problems once I did some googling. Can anyone provide some advice or maybe a panel mod that someone has done up to alleviate this? This is killing me as the TBM is my fav plane.

Have you checked the settings in the Settings Menu?  Shift + Right-Click on the upper edge of the GTN bezel.  In some aircraft you may need to do that on the top edge of the pop-up gauge as some aircraft panels get in the way.  Recommend you read the User's Manual, which would have explained the settings.  Windows Start Menu; Recently Added; R; Reality XP; User's Manual

Settings required may vary from aircraft to aircraft as sadly not all all aircraft developers design to the same standard.  And thus you may need to make changes from aircraft to aircraft.  The changes you make in an aircraft stay with that aircraft.

image.png.e19dc73c80c354ccf1c80ef763cf8998.png

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Yes I have read the manual mate and I've tried all sorts of configs. It just won't work. Works on all other aircraft. Just seems the TBM hates it.

3 hours ago, Klazz said:

Yes I have read the manual mate and I've tried all sorts of configs. It just won't work. Works on all other aircraft. Just seems the TBM hates it.

Send me a PM with your email address, and I'll send you my TBM / GTN mods.

• Like 1

Bert

5 hours ago, Klazz said:

I for the life of me cannot get the TBM850 to display the GS indicator at the inside right of the altitude angle nor will the TBM850 capture the GS either.

Generally speaking, the first thing to check, is when powering up the GTN, to stop at the test page, and carefully examine the HSI needle deflections, including the glideslope indicators.  At this stage, you can experiment with the RXP GTN settings, like Link to  VOR, to ensure that the needles are indeed deflecting correctly. 

If this all works, it should work in flight also. 🙂

Something to note, is that "the other" GTN activates the glideslope indicators in flight, based on a VNAV signal.  That is not how it operates in the real world, and can indeed be turned off in the ini file.   The RXP unit only activates the glideslope indicators based on a valid glideslope signal.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bert

Thanks Bert,

Your mod works like a champ. 

Seems like the fix after installing your handiwork was the VOR for the GS but now it's operating the green GS in GPS APR mode. Works fine.

Had me a little confused there for a while as I have the TBM in xplane with the rxp and it just works. 🙂

Thanks again. 

• Like 3