Sign in to follow this  
roydeforrest

MCE Stuck on "Trying to connect to Flight Simulator"

Hello Gerald,

Purchased MCE a couple of days a go, did not wait for the trial period to end, and registered it right away. Did voice training and followed all instructions.

Also downloaded ALL voice packages and the RC4 voice packages and installed it. Did the appropriate changes on MCE.ini for RC4. Checked RC4 version and is a good one for MCE. RC4 runs on the same machine as FS9.

I see no reason why it shouldn't work yet, it gets suck at the splash page. I hear the communications going and it just goes on and on Trying to connect to flight simulator....for ever and nothing happens.

I use FS9 with a windows Vista Platform, an Old computer extremely powerful for the time it was built and running 4 screens.Until now and the last 10 years everything runs perfect, except for this. I fly exclusively the Level D 767300ER. and YES I run as administrator!

Any Thoughts? let me know what other info you might need.

PS have a couple of questions:

1. What are TTS voices

2. Can I have 2 headphones with mikes simultaneously connected?

3.Why cant all docs and manuals be taken out of my computer in to a tablet for example. PDF files just for study elsewhere?

Thank you

Roy DeForrest

Edited by roydeforrest
forgot something

1 hour ago, roydeforrest said:

Hello Gerald,

Purchased MCE a couple of days a go, did not wait for the trial period to end, and registered it right away. Did voice training and followed all instructions.

Also downloaded ALL voice packages and the RC4 voice packages and installed it. Did the appropriate changes on MCE.ini for RC4. Checked RC4 version and is a good one for MCE. RC4 runs on the same machine as FS9.

I see no reason why it shouldn't work yet, it gets suck at the splash page. I hear the communications going and it just goes on and on Trying to connect to flight simulator....for ever and nothing happens.

I use FS9 with a windows Vista Platform, an Old computer extremely powerful for the time it was built and running 4 screens.Until now and the last 10 years everything runs perfect, except for this. I fly exclusively the Level D 767300ER. and YES I run as administrator!

Any Thoughts? let me know what other info you might need.

PS have a couple of questions:

1. What are TTS voices

3.Why cant all docs and manuals be taken out of my computer in to a tablet for example. PDF files just for study elsewhere?

Thank you

Roy DeForrest

Welcome aboard Roy.

I assume you installed MCE to default "C\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\" folder and that you downloaded it recently.

Go to \FS9\Modules\ folder and tell me which version of fsInsider.dll do you have?

Thanks

4 hours ago, roydeforrest said:

1. What are TTS voices

Thank you

Roy DeForrest

1. TTS stands for Text To Speech voices. You don't need them, as MCE provides 10 human recorded copilot voice packs. Some users prefer using TTS voices for extreme flexibility. I mean getting Fo to utter anything they like, even unforeseen stuff or unrelated to Aviation Jargon.

2. Yes, should be able to have 2 headsets simultaneously connected. However, MCE will only settle for one input of your choice. To switch input, you would need to run the "assign sound device" tool and restart MCE.

3. Should be able to. Most documents are in PDF format. You can find them under C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\Doc\ folder.

Hi and thank you for the prompt reply!

The FS INSIDER.DLL VERSION on my Modules folder is 2.6.6.7

Roy

Edited by roydeforrest
Update

5 hours ago, roydeforrest said:

Hi and thank you for the prompt reply!

The FS INSIDER.DLL VERSION on my Modules folder is 2.6.6.7

Roy

You're welcome.

No connection will happen until our fsInsider.dll loads in "fs9.exe" (or fsx.exe for that matter)and is able to communicate with "mce.exe" without hindrance.

That much older dll (when we stopped testing with FS9) requires running "fs9.exe" as administrator.

Eventually, replace it with most recent dll found in your downloaded unzipped file in...

\Resources\ folder.

That dll no longer requires running FSX or FS9 as admin, but try with both options.

9 minutes ago, roydeforrest said:

Hi again,

Just to reconfirm, the DLL version I found is 2.7.2.3    64 is that the correct one?

If you meant fsInsider64.dll, that's for P3D V4 and V5. FS9 won't be able to load that file.

Latest fsInsider.dll (for FSX and FS9) should be V2.8.5.0 or later.

I suggest you un-install MCE via Windows Control Panel.

Do not manually delete anything.

Re-download latest package

Download (save), unzip and just run "InstallMCE". Accept default installation path.

If you've used a much older package, suggest you also restore MCE to factory settings so that the config file is in sync with latest additions.

Windows menu Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Restore factory settings.

You'll be invited to go through the wizard after that. There is no need for speech training though.

Hello again,

The website doesn't let me download the the latest version....Only the Demo version can be downloaded which is what I had installed and registered....what do I do now?

55 minutes ago, roydeforrest said:

Hello again,

The website doesn't let me download the the latest version....Only the Demo version can be downloaded which is what I had installed and registered....what do I do now?

It's the same Demo that gets activated with a valid license file sitting inside \Multi Crew Experience\ installation folder.

When you un-install MCE, the key remains in place so you son't need to request it every time you update.Eventually put it back in expected location

But then why did you told me to uninstall and reinstall if I just downloaded it less than a week a go?...now I will have to restart it all a new and have lost quite a few days of work! And it still doesn't solve the Dll problem!

Any thoughts?

In the mean time I will restart the reinstallation  of the Demo and re proceed to install all voices etc, etc...

How do I find the Fs Insder.Dll that applies to me? Because the Demo will just install the same thing I had this morning, before deinstallation...

2 hours ago, roydeforrest said:

But then why did you told me to uninstall and reinstall if I just downloaded it less than a week a go?...now I will have to restart it all a new and have lost quite a few days of work! And it still doesn't solve the Dll problem!

Any thoughts?

In the mean time I will restart the reinstallation  of the Demo and re proceed to install all voices etc, etc...

How do I find the Fs Insder.Dll that applies to me? Because the Demo will just install the same thing I had this morning, before deinstallation...

I asked you to re-install because the version you reported is way off ( the DLL version I found is 2.7.2.3). We are looking at least one year old.

Re-installing should give you ...

fsInsider.dll V2.8.5.0 or higher in FSX

fsInsider64.dll V2.8.5.0 or higher in \Prepar3D v4\ or/and \Prepar3D v5\

The installer may have put fsInsider.dll V2.6.6.7 in \FS9\Modules\ folder as that's the preferred dll after we stopped testing in FS9 a while ago and was the last known working in FS9.

fsInsider.dll is constantly evolving, latest being V2.8.5.0 (or V2.8.5.1)

Eventually, could replace dll in \FS9\Modules\ folder with very latest if somehow FS9 doesn't load the old one or some other issue.

There is no need to re-download and re-install additional voice packs. They remain there as they aren't part of the Demo package.

This is why we advise against manually removing folders.

Please confirm which fsInsider.dll version you have in \Flight Simulator 9\Modules\ folder. Thanks

Edited by FS++

hello and thanks for your help in advance,,

Reinstalled the demo again and it came with the FSInsider.DLL Version 2.6.6.7, installed on the FS9 modules folder.

Found another DLL available on the Resources Folder for FS9 Version 2.7.1.0,  Installed it on the FS9 Modules Folder and still doesn't load MCE. (Still stuck trying to connect to FS9.)

Also would like to remind you that My RC4 runs on the same computer as MCE. Please check to see if my edit of mce.ini is correct to work with RC4.

[ATC]
Mode=RC4
PreventNativeATCCancellation=0
UseRadioNoise=1
StaticNoiseLevel=1
SecondaryNeedAtcWindow=0
atc1=1
atc2=0
atc3=1
atc4=1
atc5=0
UseRadarContact=1
IgnoreRC4Registry=0    //(Set this to 1 when RC4 isn't installed on the same machine as MCE)
RC4path=

Supposedly, according to you, the Demo/Official version downloaded is the latest, right? So, how come, that it doesn't have the latest Dll's...

You suggested to install FsInsider.DLL Version 2.8.5.0 /.1? how can I proceed? So far all I have tried has not worked and that DLL is nowhere to be found!

PS-It may be relevant that I also have FSX installed on the same computer, BUT, I never use it, nor have intentions to do so. I fly only FS9.

Thank you

Roy DeForrest

Edited by roydeforrest
update

2 hours ago, roydeforrest said:

You suggested to install FsInsider.DLL Version 2.8.5.0 /.1? how can I proceed? So far all I have tried has not worked and that DLL is nowhere to be found!

Try all 3 dlls.

You can find the fsInsider.dll that is used with FSX in unzipped downloaded file, inside \Resources\ folder.

Manually copy it and paste it to \FS9\Modules\ folder.

Could also copy it from main FSX installation folder.

The reason installer puts older dll is that we stopped testing the new dll in FS9 a while ago.

In theory, new dll should work, but you never know when something is broken.

Try latest dll and if required, we'll have a closer look at FS9 and send you new dll later on.

Tell your anti-virus not to interfere with "mce.exe" and "fs9.exe" as they need to communicate smoothly.

If you have disabled Windows UAC, suggest you set it back to default 2 notches up the slide, restart PC and try again.

The most recent dll allows operation without running FS9 as admin, but older ones require FS9 be run as such.

Settings are OK config wise.

None of these solutions worked until now! Getting desperate!

Also, fs Insider.dll 2.8.5.0 is not present on my installation of MCE.

Followed your advice in every aspect!

Edited by roydeforrest

10 hours ago, roydeforrest said:

None of these solutions worked until now! Getting desperate!

Also, fs Insider.dll 2.8.5.0 is not present on my installation of MCE.

Followed your advice in every aspect!

dll is in the downloaded unzipped file.

Never mind, download this zip file

Unzip and copy

fsInsider.dll to \Flight Simulator 9\Modules\ folder

fsinsider.ini to main \Flight Simulator 9\ Installation folder.

MCE won't be able to connect until FS9 has loaded the dll without issues.

Eventually, open "fsInsider.ini" and change "Debug=0" to "Debug=1"

Restart FS9 as admin (so it can create a file without permissions issues) and it should at the very least generate a "fsInsider.log" in FS9 installation folder.

Should also see 2 dialog boxes. "Initializing" and "Finished Initializing".

I assume you aren't running "fs9.exe" in <Compatibility> mode, like it's running under Windows XP.