Sign in to follow this  
Maaarp

ATC Requests

Hi everyone,

I've been using Pilot2ATC for a while now and am very happy with it. There are a couple of quirks I'd like to know if I can fix though and would be grateful for advice.

Firstly, once I've reached Top of Descent and my aircraft starts descending, ATC comes back on and complains. I could request a new descent altitude but is there a way of telling them you've started your descent into XXXX airport?

Also, is there any way of telling ATC you're deviating around weather without them getting all snarky? I've just turned off the option to tell me I'm "off course" but it would be great if you could just ask for a rerouting.

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Warwick

Hi Warwick.

Sounds like the P2A TOD and your FMS TOD are not close enough to wait until ATC tells you to descend.  The best way to address this is to adjust your P2A Descent rate to get the TOD closer to the FMS one.  Usually in an airliner 1500-1800 FPM works, but it can be lower to move P2A's TOD further out.  

If you want to start a descent early, you can request an "en-route descent", but this can mess up many of the subsequent ATC interactions if you have a STAR in your plan.  It is really for GA flights with just an approach planned.

There is not way to request weather deviations at present.  That is on the list for future enhancements.

Dave

• Like 1

Thanks Dave, I'll do some fiddin' with the flight plan!

Cheers

Warwick