Sign in to follow this  
shrike1978

Issues with voice control flow

I've used both button control and voice control.  With button control, the software adheres to the "Captain/Pilot Flying Flow" perfectly.  No issues at all.  With the voice control version, not so much.

First issue: Before Start Procedures are listed to be run before Before Start Checklist to the Line.  They cannot be run until after.  The software starts in "B. Start to Line" mode and does not switch to <B Start Proc> until the checklist has been run.  As I said, in the button control version, this is not an issue...everything goes in the correct order.

Second issue: Ground does not respond to me, making the startup procedures impossible to complete.  Speaking "Cockpit to Ground" is seen by the software and pops up in the info bar, but there is no response.  After the Before Start Checklist Below the Line is completed, the software switches to <S. Crew/Eng Start> mode.  From that point on, nothing happens for me.  Since "Cockpit to Ground" does not illicit a response, the procedure cannot continue.  I go through the motions.  I say "Starting Engine 2/1", which is heard as "start" instead of starting, but that does not illicit a response either.  Finishing with "You are cleared to disconnect and go to hand signals" is also shown on the scree, but again, does not illicit a response or cause  mode change.  I have to manually switch modes to <A. Start Proc> to move on.  If ground speaks directly to me, I can respond and the software will react.  It's only when I have to contact ground that there is an issue.

I have a hypothesis about the second issue.  I perform pushback with UGCX in voice control mode as well.  Both UGCX and FS2Crew pick up the ground communication and display it on the screen, but only UGCX responds.  Is there a known issue between the two that causes a conflict when used together?

Edit: I'm using the Aerosoft Airbus Professional version.

Edited by shrike1978

1. Please check the Change Log.

In voice control, we modified the checklist and flows slightly to make it more realistic.  So the order is slightly different now, but it's better.

2. You're right it's a UGCX issue.  Good report!

Send me a Private Message with your email.

I'll send you an updated version.

Best,

Edited by byork

I've done a couple of test flights with UGCX voice control on and off with the new panels.  New the panels show v4.1, and the "starting" engine verbiage shows up, but it still doesn't react to the "you are cleared to disconnect and go to hand signals" command when UGCX voice control is on.  Works fine with UGCX in menu control mode.

1 hour ago, shrike1978 said:

I've done a couple of test flights with UGCX voice control on and off with the new panels.  New the panels show v4.1, and the "starting" engine verbiage shows up, but it still doesn't react to the "you are cleared to disconnect and go to hand signals" command when UGCX voice control is on.  Works fine with UGCX in menu control mode.

I just sent you a new version.  Check your email.  Let me know if that solves it for you.

Best,