Sign in to follow this  
JPR

Connect button does not turn green

Hello Dave 🙂

P2A v2.6.1.2 / X-Plane v11.50-b12 / XPUIPC v2.0.0.0 / Windows 10

With the latest version of P2A, when I connect P2A to X-Plane via the XPUIPC plugin, P2A connects well, but the connect button doesn't turn green and stays in the "Connect" state.

p2a-connect-button.jpg

--------

[ EDIT by JPR ]

I went back to X-Plane version v11.50-b11 (version v11.50-b12 was removed by Laminar because it had problems)
=> with X-Plane v11.50-b11, I no longer have the problem with the Pilot2ATC connect button. So the problem came from XP v11.50-b12.

🙂

Edited by JPR
New test with XP v11.50-b11

*** Jean-Pierre *** (french user)

X-Plane v12.0.9-rc5 - Windows 10 Pro // Laptop MSI GS75 Stealth dual screens ; RAM : 32 Go DDR4 @ 3200 MHz ; CPU: I9-10980HK @ 5.3 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super - VRAM 8 Go  ; 1 disk SSD : 2 To // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Saitek Throttle Quadrant + rudder pedals MFG Crosswing // TrackIR_5

Hello Dave 🙂

P2A v2.6.1.2 / X-Plane v11.50-b11 / XPUIPC v2.0.0.0 / Windows 10

With X-Plane v11.50-b11, I just had the same problem again as in my previous post.
It's not coming from beta 12 of X-Plane v11.50...

X-Plane v12.0.9-rc5 - Windows 10 Pro // Laptop MSI GS75 Stealth dual screens ; RAM : 32 Go DDR4 @ 3200 MHz ; CPU: I9-10980HK @ 5.3 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super - VRAM 8 Go  ; 1 disk SSD : 2 To // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Saitek Throttle Quadrant + rudder pedals MFG Crosswing // TrackIR_5

This problem occurs if there is no flight plan information.  Needs departure ICAO wpt entered at the minimum.

When you don't get a Green Connect button, you are partially connecting.  When fully connected, you will get 3 aqua colored lines in the Speech Text box, the last one being "Grammars Loaded" and you will get the Connect button turn green.  The most common causes of this are below.  Check # 8 first:

1.    Wrong version of XPUIPC or FSUIPC.  XPUIPC has some bad versions out there. Version 2.0.0.0 and version 2.0.3.8 seem to be good.
2.    Be sure you are connected to the internet. It must be a reliable connection.
3.    English-US Language installed and set as Primary Language
4.    Working Microphone installed and set as Default Sound Input device in Windows
5.    Valid Call Sign – Try using the default call sign of Mfg: Beech; Tail Number: N431VB.  Press the Save button.
6.    Try running the program in Administrator mode by right clicking on the Pilot2ATC.exe file and selecting “Run as Administrator”
7.    If connected but the radios aren’t working, check the Battery and Avionics switches on or the “Ignore battery” and “Ignore Avionics” options are checked in P2A Config
8.    If it seems to partially connect but the Connect button does not turn Green, set the Weather option to a different source such as NOAA Real Time Weather and try again.

Ok, I will check that... if the problem occurs again.

Thank you 👍