Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

P3D V5 HF2 with Orbx

I was wondering if anybody running P3D V5 HF2 with OrbX Global and OpenLC NA can do me a favor take a screenshot around KFLL Fort Lauderdale area.

I just installed P3D V5 and I don't have any scenery addons at the moment and by looking at the vanilla P3D installation it does not look half bad.

I just wanted to make a comparison.

This is how P3D V5 plain vanilla looks.

H7mQ9c3.jpg

GeLuKsd.jpg

Edited by Samaritano

There is no Orbx addon scenery that changes KFLL in any real way..

Here you go:

qIKliOa.jpg

Other than the fact that the elevations around the airport are screwed up, I agree that  the P3D V5 default looks pretty good.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Hey Bert. Thank you very much. Actually I own LatinVFR KFLL but I have not installed any addons yet.

Now I'm debating to install Orbx Global plus OpenLC or not. Although on your screenshot I95 and I595 looks a lot more defined.

Edited by Samaritano

Using the default scenery depends where your flying.  Far as I'm concern it is not finished.  I do most of my flying in Canada and there are issues with the vector data.  Above 65 degrees north there are major issues with the vector data in the Canadian and Alaska Arctic.  Even near my home airport, CER3, in central Alberta, a major river is missing the water, just has the outlines. I was glad ORBX released Vector for P3DV5.   The good new, this was the first MS based simulator to actually depict my home town of 7,000 people. In P3DV3, FSX, 2004, 2002, it was just trees instead of buildings. The default P3DV5 scenery also has a very detail road network, better than ORBX Vector. For example, around my home airport most of the gravel roads are shown as dirt, and not pavement as in previous versions. will be interesting to see what other people think and how their areas look in the Default and ORBX scenery.

John Cottreau

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

15 minutes ago, Samaritano said:

Hey Bert. Thank you very much. Actually I own LatinVFR KFLL but I have not installed any addons yet.

Now I'm debating to install Orbx Global plus OpenLC or not. Although on your screenshot I95 and I595 looks a lot more define.

Depends on where you fly... Orbx Global+LC adds a lot right across all of North America.

If you own it, install it!

Bert

I fixed my Terrain with ORBX but water looks green.....! also lake and sea Edges are totally screwed....other than that looks acceptable....now back to drawing board.

Alex 

Great. Thanks all for the input. I am just taking my time installing addons. So far I'm enjoying Just Flight Piper PA28 Turbo Arrow III/IV and the high frame rates.