Sign in to follow this  
Brianwhtn43

[Answered] AILRP and P3DV5 issue

Dear Simbol,

I have been having an issue with the landing lights and nav lights of the default and 3rd party aircraft that seems to be related to the option "use FSrebord landing lights instead of P3D defaults". I am using the latest version of your software V1.20.5 and P3D V5 HF2.

Now I am not sure if it is a Prepa3d issue or AILRP.

So this is what happens, When I use the fsreborn landing lights option, the landing lights and nav lights of 3rd party aircraft become very dim and do not luminate the ground or very slightly luminate, when I use a default aircraft, such as the F35A lighting II the landing lights become a spotlight and luminate the ground but just in one place and nav lights become very dim . When I do not use the "use fsreborn landing lights" option the lights on the aircraft become normal both on default and 3rd party.

Could you check if this is a Prepar3d issue or your program?  I thought your program was only supposed to adjust AI not normal planes.

If you need to see screenshots, please let me know.

Thanks

Brian

🛩️ Brian Houghton

System: P3D V5.3 HF2, Intel i7-9700K o/c to 4.5Ghz, Nvidia RTX 3080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD, 2x1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, MSI Z390 M/B, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 2133 Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit 21H2,Samsung UHD 43" LED TV, Benq 27" HD monitor.

2nd PC: Networked for atc, charts, and streaming. Intel i7 4790k 4 Ghz, Nvidia GTX 2070 Super, Samsung 970 Evo, 2x sata drives, MSI Z970 M/B, 32Gb G.skills DDR3 Ram, Win 10 Pro 21H2, 2x Benq 27" Monitors

1 hour ago, brianwhtn43 said:

Dear Simbol,

I have been having an issue with the landing lights and nav lights of the default and 3rd party aircraft that seems to be related to the option "use FSrebord landing lights instead of P3D defaults". I am using the latest version of your software V1.20.5 and P3D V5 HF2.

Now I am not sure if it is a Prepa3d issue or AILRP.

So this is what happens, When I use the fsreborn landing lights option, the landing lights and nav lights of 3rd party aircraft become very dim and do not luminate the ground or very slightly luminate, when I use a default aircraft, such as the F35A lighting II the landing lights become a spotlight and luminate the ground but just in one place and nav lights become very dim . When I do not use the "use fsreborn landing lights" option the lights on the aircraft become normal both on default and 3rd party.

Could you check if this is a Prepar3d issue or your program?  I thought your program was only supposed to adjust AI not normal planes.

If you need to see screenshots, please let me know.

Thanks

Brian

Hi Brian,

P3D Default landing lights are far too bright with PBR surfaces and this reflects badly on most AI Models and flyable airplanes specially when they land on new PBR runways or when their own materials are PBR (for example, FSPAIX and the new models from AIGM).

In accordance with P3D SDK, all AI models traffic will always use the effect FX_Landing, and this is what AI Lights Reborn will override when such option is selected. However if other 3rd party flyable airplanes are also using the default effect FX_LANDING, they will be affected by this logical override. This is a limitation of what currently P3D can offer in order to override the default landing lights for AI Models.

Lockheed martin advice for all 3rd party content providers creating flyable airplanes is to to always create their own landing lights and other lighting effects instead of using the default FX_Landing or any other default effects, and accordingly this is what most well known 3rd developers always do, for example:

• A2A
  • Aerosoft
  • Carenado
  • FSLABS
  • Quality Wings
  • PMDG
  • Milviz
  • TDFI
  • Etc.

If you are encountering this issue with a particular flyable airplane, it is because the developer is using using the default P3D effects (FX_LANDING, FX_NAVRED, eetc.) instead of creating its own as advised by LM.

In any case this is why AI Lights Reborn custom landing lights are implemented as an "option" which you can enable or disable depending of what is best suitable for your system.

Kind Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol

Simbol,

Thank you for the full explanation. 

Much appreciated. I wish more devs were as thorough as you.

Regards

Brian

• Upvote 2

🛩️ Brian Houghton

System: P3D V5.3 HF2, Intel i7-9700K o/c to 4.5Ghz, Nvidia RTX 3080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD, 2x1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, MSI Z390 M/B, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 2133 Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit 21H2,Samsung UHD 43" LED TV, Benq 27" HD monitor.

2nd PC: Networked for atc, charts, and streaming. Intel i7 4790k 4 Ghz, Nvidia GTX 2070 Super, Samsung 970 Evo, 2x sata drives, MSI Z970 M/B, 32Gb G.skills DDR3 Ram, Win 10 Pro 21H2, 2x Benq 27" Monitors