Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Repaint request XPlane11 Carenado Phenom100

Bjoern,

I thank you sincerely for that information.  It is very helpful and what I sought in the first place.

I have in fact downloaded and installed gimp and dxt/bmp already but have been a little stymied using them.  Hence, again, the reason for the original post.

I have made some progress, but it is indeed slow and information gained is having trouble sticking in my mind, so lots of repeats.

Thanks again (seriously) for your help.

Regards

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Hi Tony,

I tried using GIMP a few times, never mastered it. You can use Corral Paint Shop instead. Before you buy, you can test it 30 days for free.

18 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

I thank you sincerely for that information.  It is very helpful and what I sought in the first place.

Ah, you should have pointed this our more clearly in your initial post as it would have saved us all the trouble.

I have in fact downloaded and installed gimp and dxt/bmp already but have been a little stymied using them.  Hence, again, the reason for the original post.

As I've said, GIMP is reasonably well documented online, so if you  need more information about a particular function, you can esily look it up.

I have made some progress, but it is indeed slow and information gained is having trouble sticking in my mind, so lots of repeats.

There's zero shame in taking notes. I also do this when new to something and figuring things out.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

i can help you Tony.

do you want the livery paint job or learn how to do it ?

mp15,

Joyous news sir,

I very much think a combination of the two would be the best way.  ie, if you could do the repaint and then go through the details, the process and the software you have used.

i think we could go from here using the pm system although, if other people are wondering (like me) how this is done, it would be better on this forum i guess.  i will leave it up to you.

Anyway, thank you again for your kind offer.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.